Is there a 6P that maximizes run time?

gunfighter

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a high-performance LED drop-in for my SF 6P. I see that most of the drop-ins try to maximize lumens, and as a result give mediocre burn time improvements over the original 60 minute incandescent lamp.

SF however is marketing their new Cree 6P as producing 80 lumens with an impressive 11 hour burn time.

Does anyone know if I can get a 6P drop-in that attempts to throttle back lumen output in an effort to maximize burn time? I'd be happy with 60-80 lumens if I could get 10-11 hours of burn time.

Hell, if SF will sell me their Cree 6P lamp assembly I'd take it. I haven't asked them yet. Anyone care to venture a guess on their answer?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
There are a few Multi-mode Drop-ins that should have longer runtime on low. If you want single mode, the I think the Surefire Drop-in has the longest usable runtime(11 hours of usable runtime, less 11 hours at full output). I heard the Surefire LED Module is coming out in a few months.

Welcome to CPF!

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are some drop ins that give multiple levels of light, I just can't remember which ones they are. SureFire should be selling individual P60L units sometime soon. Either email them or talk to one of the Dealers here on CPF.