5 Watt KLC8 250lm (Ledwholesalers)

LikeitBright

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any experience of the
5 Watt KLC8 250 Lumen Torch

ledwholesalers are listing on Ebay?
7606.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brightest-LED-F...yZ106987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Oh, Thanks!

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
Looks like a decent light with an Edison 3W LED. Combined with a liberal dose of false-advertising, aka flat out lying, on the specs. I think that that particular LED is rated at 210 Lumens at the LED at 1amp, and I'm guessing that the light actually outputs under 150 lumens in the end after light loss. It's probably closer to 3-3.5W rather than 5W. If it was under $20 shipped and took an 18650 I'd give it a try.

Last edited:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you can't measure the datas directly at the light, all talking about is pure speculation.
A consumption of 5W is quite possible, even tough it musn't be an advantage.

Supposed a driving current of 1300 mA at a vf of 3,8V will deliver 4,94 Watts.

So no lie at all.

Best regards

____
Tom

Olaf

Banned
If they claim 250 lumens then we must believe 250 lumens, after all this is not an outragious claim. 200 lumens is about average for a modern flashlight and the least that an informend buyer will accept. Looking around the sellers other offerings I see they specilize in modern high tech lights, this is a preminum dealer.

River Runner

Newly Enlightened
They claim higher than mfg specs. Not likely. Must believe them? Not really a part of the CPF culture to blindly accept an unknown retailer's claims. I sense a duck here.

RR

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
If they claim 250 lumens then we must believe 250 lumens, after all this is not an outragious claim. 200 lumens is about average for a modern flashlight and the least that an informend buyer will accept.

Why must I believe it is 250 Lumens just because they advertise it at that? And how do you come up with 200 lumens being average for a modern flashlight? I don't even own a light that outputs that much and I have many nicer flashlights than the average joe. I very much doubt this outputs 200 lumens out the front, let alone 250, so while on paper it could approach those specs at the LED, it's deceptive at best. I don't think they're accurately spec'ing the LED either, what I've seen of it is 210@1A. If heavily overdriven to 5W then it may approach 250 lumens directly from the LED, but after light loss the output out of the flashlight won't be near that. As I said before it actually looks like a decent light, I just get annoyed by the amount of exaggerating and/or deceiving specs listed for many of these lights lately.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have modified a few lights with the Edison Opto KLC8 and they are brighter than my Wolf Eyes 170 lumen Cree. It probably is well over 200 lumens.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have on one the way.

It lLooks very interesting to me and I want to checkout an Edison LED.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Light arrived today! I'm waiting for it to get dark... The light came with a nylon/velcrow holster, and attached lanyard, no instructions, but in fine shape. Shipping took 9 days with a landed cost of $33.50. I think it's a good deal.

The light is very hefty and cool having a more more artistic smooth curvature rather than the traditional angled machined look. It might be a little problem if you set it down where it can roll away.

I head looks huge, the optical lens is a full 3 cm. It's certainly brighter than my SSC P4 modded Led Focusable Lenser, from my quick indoor test using CR123A cells. I don't have any RCR123 cells, but the light is apparantly compatible with them, and is available with them as a package.

At 10oz, the weight is easily my heaviest light, unfortunately the weight is unballanced with most of the weight concentrated forward of the switch. The switch is a very positive acting, audible, reverse clicky.

So far it looks like the beam is a nice white, but there seems to be a pronounced yellowish ring of fair width around the hotspot which was white, and then the lighter flood was white again. This is very preliminary short range indoor look at the beam. The LED looks very cool, the head is not sealed, just unscrew.

"I'd love to to see that evening sun go down" :eek:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry I'm not doing pictures yet, but this light really is incredible. Great throw with a lot of flood. The output is at least twice the SSC-P4 modded Led Focusing Lenser, I would say closer to 4 times. It beats it in throw while providing a much wider beam.

For a single LED I'm really impressed with this light. I'm still waiting for my Dereelight, but I have a feeling it won't top this one for lumens.

The weight distribution is going to take a little getting use to, the Led Focusing Lenser does feel a lot better in the hand despite its light weight. Which is surprising because they advertise this as an ergonomic light. I may have to adjust my grip pattern.

The light seems the equivalent defence to a D-cell Mag, in a smaller package. It is like a small Billy-club.

For the price, the quality, and lumen output this light was more than worth it. The Edison KLC8 LED seems absolutely incredible.

:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs

Illum

Flashaholic
The Edison KLC8 LED seems absolutely incredible.

I've seen only a few pictures of the Edison LEDs...mostly 20W-100W models:ohgeez:
interesting to know that they look so similar to luxeons, on the side note can someone post a comparison between the KLC8 and a luxeon?

if you read carefully theres certain aspects in the description that raises irony...say "5 watt" and "low heat generation"

Personally a cool-to-the-touch luxeon V flashlight becomes ouch-hot-hot-hot in less than 10 minutes.....:grin2:but otherwise I see very little xmas treeing and obnoxious exaggerations that impede the sellers efforts of getting the point through; and from the looks of his selling history, I might buy one too:D

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the specifications it seems they are pushing the Edison KLC8 to the limit, but from my experience with these on modifications they seem to take the most abuse of over driving and over heating LED's. I prefer the Edison KLC8 over the SSC and Crees.
Sorry I'm not doing pictures yet, but this light really is incredible. Great throw with a lot of flood. The output is at least twice the SSC-P4 modded Led Focusing Lenser, I would say closer to 4 times. It beats it in throw while providing a much wider beam.

For a single LED I'm really impressed with this light. I'm still waiting for my Dereelight, but I have a feeling it won't top this one for lumens.

The weight distribution is going to take a little getting use to, the Led Focusing Lenser does feel a lot better in the hand despite its light weight. Which is surprising because they advertise this as an ergonomic light. I may have to adjust my grip pattern.

The light seems the equivalent defence to a D-cell Mag, in a smaller package. It is like a small Billy-club.

For the price, the quality, and lumen output this light was more than worth it. The Edison KLC8 LED seems absolutely incredible.

sims2k

Enlightened
I guess I will have to check this one out too. Was going to look into the updated Surefires but I am beginning to have second thoughts if they are worth the price since I have a few SF lights already. Too many new lights is not good for my pocketbook...

kanarie

Enlightened
From the specifications it seems they are pushing the Edison KLC8 to the limit, but from my experience with these on modifications they seem to take the most abuse of over driving and over heating LED's.
My experience also, even at 4,5V direct drivethey did not quit on me.