P1 vs P1 special edition q2

craigberesh

Newly Enlightened
I have a P1 now and love it. My wife does too. So now I need another one. I like the throw and the nice spot that the p1 puts out. I am wondering if I can expect the P1 special edition to be as good or better. Anyone have any thoughts on this.

veleno

Enlightened
I had an old P1 and now I have a P1 Q2, I'm very happy with this new version!! More light with the same battery life! :thumbsup:
The tint is great and the beam is smooth, no artifacts due to cree led. If I remember well, the old P1 has a slightly larger corona, but the Q2 version is very bright.

Last edited:

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF craigberesh!! :wave: If your P1 is the Lux version it has a really nice beam quality. Nice and white and ringless. I really like my P1 also!

However, I would definately recommend the P1-Q2. It will be a lot brighter with better runtimes. If it has the OP reflector the beam will be very good also.

You can't go wrong with a Q2 Fenix.... :)

markfinn

Newly Enlightened
The P1_Q2 was my first Fenix, and I really like that light. I decided to go for the more expensive special edition rather than e.g. the regular P2D, and it was the right decision. The P1_Q2 has an excellent build quality and is partly made of brass (that gives a nice solid feel although it's so tiny) and the orange peel reflector gives a wonderful smooth beam. Brightness and tint are great, in addition.
Because of this very positive experience I immedialtely bought a second Fenix light*...got addicted ;-) *(which was a P3DR100 which set my satisfaction a bit back due to a bad head)
I think the P1_Q2 could only be topped by a P2_Q5 :)

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the P1_Q2 could only be topped by a P2_Q5 :)
[/COLOR]

If you've already got a couple, I'd be inclined to wait awhile. These LED's have just been going nuts in terms of improvements. I'd wait six months and see if they have a rebel 120 or better by then. My L2D100 just came in today and the turbo is insane for a 2AA light. I can't wait for five years from now ;)