Camo Close Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are closing out the Lot1 production of the Camouflage Arc-AAA Premiums. They were $49.95, now they are $39.95 until their gone.

Limited number of units made. These are marked "lot 1". This is a special run Camouflage version of the Arc-AAA Premium. 5.5lumen minimum, 7 lumens typical. 5 hour runtime. Same specs at Arc-AAA Premium except Camo finish. Camo is type II anodize (not as hard as the type III used on the Premium).

camoside.jpg

Order Page

Enjoy!

peter

paulr

Flashaholic
I never got around to buying a v4 AAA-P because I've always found the v3.x version (predating the CS led and around 3 lumens) to be bright enough for the way I use this type of light. But what the heck, I can't resist a closeout.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got one today. As expected, the fit and finish is typical ARC - pretty much flawless. I don't particularly like camo, but this is kind of pretty. I'd like to have one that is just the base green that's not overlaid by the other colors.

About the same brightness as an original AAA-LE, led well centered, but a very blue tint. Not unplesant, but a surprise. Matter of fact, I would say the beam is a very light blue, not white with a blue tint.

Mr. Gransee, how about one in just the green? And maybe a gunmetal or ....actually I'd really like to have one in yellow or orange so it can be located in low light. Black or camo flashlights don't make a lot of sense, but I'm sure the market dictates.

Well worth the $24.95+.

da.gee

Enlightened
Alright, I got two camos and another standard AAA-P to go with the AAA-P I already have. I really enjoy the feel of them. I don't know why! Simple, solid, functional. Gonna give a camo to Dad for sure. Who knows what lucky soul might get one of the others.

Pax et Lux

Enlightened
I don't particularly like camo, but this is kind of pretty. I'd like to have one that is just the base green that's not overlaid by the other colors.

Mr. Gransee, how about one in just the green? And maybe a gunmetal or ....actually I'd really like to have one in yellow or orange so it can be located in low light. Black or camo flashlights don't make a lot of sense, but I'm sure the market dictates.

Well worth the $24.95+.

+1

Just ordered one. I've wanted one for some time, without really being able to justify to myself (I'd really rather have yellow, orange or even the base green, come to that).

It is an absoultely astounding deal. Almost too good to be true.

I'm assuming this deal means that Arc is making space for the forthcoming LS - which now has its own button in a drop-down on the website. Hmm, can I assume before Christmas on this one?

EDIT: the above line about the LS is not an attack. I'd rather wait for something that works.

Last edited:

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curious to the significance of the LOT 1 inscription. Were these from a test run of the camo finish or something? More lots to come? Just curiousities, no biggie if there isn't some cool info behind it.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lot 1? Just means they'll be much sought after, very valuable collectors items in a month or so.

paulr

Flashaholic
Got mine today, thanks for the fast shipping! I just happened to have charged up a pair of Titanium 1000 mAH NiMH AAA cells earlier in the day, so I put one in the new Arc and the other in a 1st gen brand P 3-led Matterhorn, ultra power, with what I think is the "snow23" led as opposed to the newer snow29, running at around 35 ma per led (100+ ma total). Since these cells were freshly charged I think they were both at around 1.42 volts. I did a wall bounce test in my closet and the 1-led Arc seemed at first to blow away the 3-led Peak for total output. However after both lights were running for a few minutes I think they were about equal in lumens with the Peak using much more total battery power to run its 3 leds. I think both of these lights are somewhat sensitive to input voltage and I do have a couple of new L92 AAA lithium cells around, so I may try another test. In any case, the new Arc completely crushes my old one (a v3.x AAA-S holding a cheap alkaline cell of indeterminate age). The 3-led Matterhorn has a larger hot spot of comparable brightness to the CS Arc and much better tint, but the Arc has a lot smoother and larger spill. The Arc is also a little bit shorter on the keychain. It seems to me that an Arc with three of the DS leds at 35 mA would probably beat the Fenix L0DCE in lumens. The CS version is a bit dimmer than the L0DCE on medium so the DS will probably be a little bit brighter than the L0DCE on medium.

I've never liked camo finishes and so I find this light pretty ugly, but of course I expected that all along, and I'm sure users who like camo will be happy with this. If I keep it I might try to refinish it somehow, but I'm more likely to toss it on BST pretty soon, which is why I didn't use the included Duracell battery (want to be able to sell the package as LNIP, battery unused and light only played with for a few minutes). Sooner or later I'll buy the new DS model. It's really quite an advance over the v3.x generation.

I remember when these camos first came out, they were sold at a premium price and were snapped up immediately, and then some were traded on BST at even higher prices. So I'm surprised that this new supply of them has suddenly appeared.

I tried switching the battery tubes around between my v3 standard and the v4 camo, and found each head screws into both tubes just fine. The v3 head lights up just fine on both tubes, but the v4 head only lights on the v4 tube. Switching batteries around made no difference. It's not real obvious what the cause of this might be. I do notice the solder blob on my v3 is a bit smooshed down and maybe I should retouch it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.