Just got FIOS Internet!!!

Gran Nismo

Newly Enlightened
Yay! It's fast and awesome. 20/5. Twenty down, five up!!!

Woohoo. Now I have to wait a couple months for the FIOS TV.

:party::twothumbs

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am waiting for it here also and am really interested in how well the TV part works. I'm sure the Internet part will kick butt and I know a FIOS TV/Phone/Internet package deal will end up being the best deal but will the TV be as good as the Comcast digital on demand service I have now (about $50) which I would give reasonably good grades to.

Cerbera

Newly Enlightened
Yay! It's fast and awesome. 20/5. Twenty down, five up!!!

Woohoo. Now I have to wait a couple months for the FIOS TV.

:party::twothumbs

I only get 5Mbits down and 400Kbits up over here. I wish FIOS was in the islands so I can get around 15Mbits and 5Kbits for the same price :thumbsdow

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here in Texas, Verizon has FiOS Internet. There are three packages:
1) 5 Mbps down/2 Mbps up for $39.99 per mo.
2) 15 Mbps down/2 Mbps up for $49.99 per mo.
3) 30 Mbps down/5 Mbps up for $179.95 per mo.

They sucker you in, then let you have it with rate increases!!!

I'm with the 5 Mbps plan now, and after a year, they jack the price up to $58.00 per mo. Hardly worth it at that price. Sure you can get a package deal with FiOS TV, FiOS Internet, and Phone service, but If you want a DVR and Basic service, after taxes you will get soaked for $148 per mo. with a 2 year contract, and the price increases after that!!!!

I wish I had other options.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the club. I pay ~$40 a month for my FiOS with 20 down and 5 up. After this year I am locked in for $44.99 a month. I was the first kid on the block with it, think I still am, lol.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any compelling reasons to want more than 5 mbps download at present? TV distribution via the internet hasn't really arrived IMOH due to rights issues, etc.

Just like the old guy driving a Mercedes Benz SLR, Ferrari Enzo, or Lambo at speed limit. The cars care capable of more than that but I would rather have the bandwidth and not need it than to need it and not have it.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you download binaries from newsgroups, p2p's or whatever, you'll take as fast a connection as you can get.

Mad1

Enlightened
I find it funny that in the UK there is probably over 50 ISP's

Yet in you guys only have about 5? You'd think there would be more of a market. :\

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Verizon ran fiber down my street last week. I'm waiting impatiently to get the hell away from Comcast.