Ultrafire c1

copiertech

Newly Enlightened
I`m surprised i dont read more about this light on here, the quality is outstanding, mine has been on my keychain for monthths and still looks brand new. the stainless construction gives it a real quality feel. ive just fitted a cree q5 and a 5 mode regulated driver and i cant think of any reason whatsoever a p1d-ce would be a better light than this creeation. so why is this light overlooked on here?

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Ultrafire C6 is similar to C1, i am really curious on how to modify this light with Q5 and 5 mode. Sweet!

copiertech

Newly Enlightened
i got the star and driver board from dx, took the head apart by wrapping it up in an old innertube, gripping it gently in a vice and unscrewing the knurled section. then you carefully prise out the plastic insulator, it`s quite tight. the old star is held in with AA unfortunatlely i destroyed it in getting it out i had to drill a hole through a corner of the star then prise it out and scrape the AA off the mounting surface.i then put a small flat blade through the driver boardand prised it out along with it`s brass ring. then i cut the q5 star with a pair of diagonal cetters the filed it to the exact shape needed with a couple of cutouts for the wire to go through, soldered a pair of leads and AA epoxied the new star in. i filed the new driver board to size using the brass ring as a templte, soldered the wires on, pressed the board in and put a ring of solder round it. took about 2 hours but the results are amazing. i think the c6 would be different as the pill is screwed into the head from the battery end i think from the pictures. also i dont think the c6 would be as durable as the c1 is proper stainless but the c6 is only chrome plated brass. i`ll take a photo of the visible parts later.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree - this is a solidly made light, great attention to tolerances and overall design is very visually pleasing, plus you never have to worry about the anodizing wearing off.

On a CR123 primary the runtime is excellent, well over an hour, and it's so bright. It's my favorite light now, and has a permanent home on my keychain. It feels heavy, solid, and quality.

I would love to put a Q5 in there, but how much more lumens output would it get? I don't know the drive level of the C1, but I'm guessing about ~30 more perhaps (if driven at .75 amps).

I highly recommend this light.

Latest posts