Novatac 120T turns on by itself

boosterboy

Enlightened
Okay this is weird as hell.

Recently, I've noticed that 3 of the fresh Surefire CR123s cells that I drop into my Novatac didn't last too long for some reason.

Then today, I'm using my computer in the dark, and the Novatac for some reason just turns on by itself. The light was sitting on the shelf bezel down and I noticed the light coming out from the cranulated portion.

A few days ago, I posted a thread about my Novatac turning on by itself in my pocket, and my theory was I must have accidently hit the tailcap, but there is new evidence to dispute that theory.

What is going on?

Should I contact Jim?

Last edited:

KenAnderson

Enlightened
BB,

Did you hear any strange noises in the house just before the Novatac 120 Tactical turned on? I'm wondering just how advanced Henry's new programming really is. Maybe it detected a possible threat and went into action...

:ohgeez:

:huh:

:crackup:

Seriously, sounds like you need to contact Jim on this one.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now if people keep staring at the front area of your pants, you do not have to feel self concious...it might just be your flashlight was going on and off.:grin2:

boosterboy

Enlightened
BB,

Did you hear any strange noises in the house just before the Novatac 120 Tactical turned on? I'm wondering just how advanced Henry's new programming really is. Maybe it detected a possible threat and went into action...

:ohgeez:

:huh:

:crackup:

Seriously, sounds like you need to contact Jim on this one.

OH MAN, how did you program your 120T to do that?

I heard the 120CN model (120 Chuck Norris) can roundhouse kick bad guys near by when you quadriple click it.;)

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
Does it coome on with a steady beam, or flashing? Mine came on by itself, flashing the error sequence. I just disassembled it into head, body, and tailcap, and once ressembled the problem disappeared. Maybe this will help you?

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would do a factory reset, then take the battery out for 10 minutes, check to make sure the retaining rings are tight, reassemble, insert a new battery, and see what happens from there.

boosterboy

Enlightened
Does it coome on with a steady beam, or flashing? Mine came on by itself, flashing the error sequence. I just disassembled it into head, body, and tailcap, and once ressembled the problem disappeared. Maybe this will help you?

steady beam at max output. then I can't turn it off by clicking the tailcap, I have to twist.