Surefire Lego with Lumamax Series?

LiteSabre

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I need some advice. I have a SF ML1 and SF L2, and KL1 and E1 & E2 bodies.

My question is: Can I use the ML1 (Milky modded old syle L1 head on the L2 body? I tried it only for a brief 2-3 seconds and the ML1 head is a lot brighter on the L2 body than it is on the L1 body. I guess the real question is; is it safe to run the L1 head on the L2 body for long periods of time?

The other question is: I put the L2 head on the E2e body and it's not as bright as if it was running on the L2? why is that? I would have thought that the 6V direct drive would be brighter than the L2 with regulator circuits?

Also, is it safe to run the KL1 head (new generation LuxIII) on either the L1 or L2 body?

Thanks in advance.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
No, you cannot run the L1 head on the L2. It will be in direct drive an 6V of 2 x CR123 is way too much for the LED, it will let the magic smoke out.

The L2 houses a "dumb" LuxV without electronics. The Vf of the LuxV is higher than 6V and thus it will be direct driven from 6V without the electronics that are in the L2's body ... and it will be dimmer. But safe.

Teh KL1 head houses a driver as does the L1 and L2 body ... so the combo isn't recommended either.

bernie

LiteSabre

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Keissling for the quick response. I'm glad someone knows what they are doing. :laughing: