Norlite LED lights...

chas9rr

Newly Enlightened
Anyone seen these yet? Check out this link http://www.tntsalesco.com/norlite.php and be sure to click on the flyer. I saw them at a truckstop here in denver today and thought the 1 watt one was pretty good. Looks like it could be a good host to upgrade? I am the furthest thing from a modder, so dont trust me. It had good weight and was small enough for easy pocket carry, and the clicky was pretty good from what I could tell. What other things should I look for if I was thinking about dropping in a Cree or something? Oh yea, almost forgot, all models were $19.99.
Charles

Gunner12

Flashaholic
From the pictures, most of those seem to be multi 5mm LED lights. They usually have a purple tint and the LEDs are usually overdriven. Is the 1 watt one using 3 AAA batteries? If yes, you might be better off buying one of these(It's not really 5 Watt) or one of these. This would probably be the brightest 3 AAA light. Of course, shipping would take 2 weeks to a month and returning the light would be a hassle.

If you are thinking about dropping in a Cree, first buy a 18500 battery(you don't have to, I just recommend it because you should get more runtime), same length as the 3 AAA battery and slimmer but with much more power. Then you'll have to open the head, remove the previous LED and the replace the LED with a Cree. You might also need a heat-sink if there isn't one in the light.

Welcome to CPF!

P.S. Did you get a rechargeable solution for your E2E?

Last edited:

chas9rr

Newly Enlightened
Hey Gunner
Actually the 1watt one is not a 5mm led, it is a single emmitter (dont know if thats the right term). When I looked at them I didnt open it up, but the flyer says it is a 3AA. I think that might be a typo. If it was a 3AA wouldnt it be noticablely bigger than the other one that is 3AAA? You are probabaly right about the DX lights, I just kinda liked the body on this one, and it comes in colors:grin2:. Was just wondering if anyone had seen them yet. They are from my home town after all.
Charles

P.S. I won a poker tourny last night and am planning on ordering some Lumens Factory bulbs and some AW rechargeables to go with them:rock: