Wife buys me Magled 2d now what?

houtex

Enlightened
my wife,god bless her,saw a magled 2d on sale at walmart from 33 dollars to 18.So knowing that I'm into lights now see got it for me.It seems okay but I know that there is some room for improvement.Where do i start?Well I looked at lighthound and there are several parts for sale most of which I don't really understand,there is this ArcMania Super MJ LED PR-Base Bulb or thisTerralux MiniStar5 Extreme.which one?what else is necessary?

houtex

Enlightened
Yes it's the Mag 2d 3 watt led.I guess my old L1DCE and Inova T2 have me spoiled on brightness.

Patriot

Flashaholic
2D mag +

http://batteryjunction.com/tle-6exb.html

+

http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1542

The boosted circuit in the led will help you to get the most out of a 3.0 volt configuration. I have 2 boosted terraluxs, and 2 non-boosted, and it makes a very noticable difference in a two cell.

The UCL lens is good for another 10-12 lumens out the front with the above mentioned LED.

The light will be about 2 times brighter (120-140 lumens vs. 60 lumens) and have around the same run-time over the magLED
You really cant go wrong for the price and it still keeps things pretty simple.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
I would keep it stock. That level of brightness at 22-28 hours of runtime is pretty nice during a blackout. Otherwise, maybe a Malkoff dropin?

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I would also keep it stock and enjoy the long runtime. Buy your wife something for being so nice.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife would have bought it to hit me over the head with. God bless your wife indeed.

houtex

Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys.I'll pay another visit to lighthound this week.I'm not too concerned with runtime as of yet.I'm still wowing over brightness.
This winter I will be going on my first hunting trip ever.still haven't decided if i'll shoot or not.My friend of 20 years has convinced me to go to his 1900 acre property in Carrizo spring texas for deer.I'm more excited about taking my flashlights!I think the mag will be good to have with me along with a couple of spare D's.

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep it standard - as she bought it.

The fact that it could be 10x brighter is irrelevant, IMHO.

It was a gift, use it as-is, to show her you appreciate it. You don't want to give the impression that what she buys you is not good enough.

Mod something else.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
Keep it standard - as she bought it.

The fact that it could be 10x brighter is irrelevant, IMHO.

It was a gift, use it as-is, to show her you appreciate it. You don't want to give the impression that what she buys you is not good enough.

Mod something else.

This is an excellent point... It might not be obvious to you, but if you mod the light she gave you she'll assume it wasn't a good gift.

If you want to mod one, you might buy a second. But make sure to use the first one. :)

Marduke

Flashaholic
What is a dear? :thinking:

Just in case you weren't joking...

White-tailed_deer.jpg