WANT A DX REBEL AA LIGHT-HELP ME DECIDE!

paulr

Flashaholic
Once you have a few of those DX and related lights, they are all pretty much the same.

shadowbuds

Newly Enlightened
Once you have a few of those DX and related lights, they are all pretty much the same.

Just my opinion but they all seem to have semi crappy finishes and threads... It seems every time I order a light from DX I get so hyped only to find many flaws or things that just make the light unattractive. Good luck!

jeep44

Newly Enlightened
I don't think you can go too wrong with the MTE C2. 5 modes is a bit silly with a single AA light. This two-mode light throws off an amazing amount of light,and the finish seems just fine to me. You can't go wrong for the price.

paulr

Flashaholic
The one level MTE light (DX item 1995) has a notoriously flaky switch. At least on mine, the threads are also relatively crappy, though they still hold the light together.

coontai

Newly Enlightened

I hate too agree with you but I have too. Still they are good values, but they do not satisfy my needs.

onthebeam

Enlightened

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The brightest Rebel lights have the Rebel 100 LED, which are the MTE 5-Mode CR123A and the MTE 5-Mode AA. If you get a good 5 mode AA, it will not shift purple on medium and low, but that is only if you get a good one(Maybe buy a few, keep the better one, and the rest, well you decide).

merlocka

Enlightened

LOL. I'm not saying that there aren't some good values out there from DX and KD, but as I sit here after my initial flashaholic binge, sitting in front of a bunch of lights from DX/KD, I couldn't have said it better.

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one level MTE light (DX item 1995) has a notoriously flaky switch. At least on mine, the threads are also relatively crappy, though they still hold the light together.

You're lucky. Mine wouldn't stay together unless I put Teflon tape on the threads!

Scott_T

Newly Enlightened
I just got the 5 mode bin 100 rebel light at dx and it seems solid. 5 modes is annoying now, rather have just high. And 1 AA doesn't last long at that rate.

LGCubana

Enlightened
I just got the 5 mode bin 100 rebel light at dx and it seems solid. 5 modes is annoying now, rather have just high. And 1 AA doesn't last long at that rate.

Your flashlight has the memory feature. Leave it on, in a mode, for atleast 5 seconds & it will start on the same level next time.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own all MTE lights from DX the worst one is the MTE CR123 Rebel 100 but the rest seems to be fine. No problematic switch, thread etc.

Thanks

Vball

Newly Enlightened
Since there are only three lights to choose from in the AA rebels at the DX site I would make sure you get this light

MTE 5-Mode 100 Lumens Rebel Flashlight (AA / 0100 BIN)

It is one of the brightest single AA lights out and has a great white tint on high. Quality is pretty good so far, I did clean the contacts on my light but that was it. I have been playing around with it for almost a month on the first battery with no problems. Including taking it camping for a couple of days I'm really happy with it. Be prepared it does take two weeks or so to get your order.

I est. it puts out around 50 lumen's but this is a guess. It is great for 50ft and closer. Lower levels are not real useful at least for me and do have a slight shift toward purple.

Be sure to check out the reviews on here. It seems to me that the quality on this model is pretty good I bought two and both are going strong after a month of EDC. Hope this helps and I hope you enjoy your new light as much as me.

Peace, Vball