Greenlite LED Desk Lamp. 11 LEDs, wallwart charger with 3 AA batteries. Pretty good!!

Newuser01

Enlightened
Yesterday, I picked up a Green lite LED desk lamp for $4 from big lots. It came in a little box. Has a wallwart charger, which you can recharger the unit with out having to remove the batteries from the unit and recharge.

But I'm planning to use it with a power strip under the desk and turn it on to charge after batteries have run down.

It has 3 generic rechargeable Nicd 1000 mAh batteries installed and it claims up to 5 1/2 hours of burn time. With Nimh cells that I plans to use should run longer.

The unit seems to give off enough light on the desk for task lighting. It may be too much light to read in bed if someone else is sharing your bed but if you position it right, it may not be an issue.

Seems to be well made. The battery cover screws are machine screws and fits tightly. All the parts that are adjustable are fitted very well and it is very stable on a flat surface. The push button switch is right in front and led indicator for power is just before that.

There are some pictures of the box and the unit in operation. Sorry, I can't take good pictures.
lamp006.jpg

lamp005.jpg

lamp004.jpg

lamp002.jpg

lamp001.jpg

lamp003.jpg

lamp007.jpg

I think this lamp would double as general room lighting when the power is out but will function as emergency flashlight for what ever the needs are. But probably not a good replacement for good flashlight.

For 4 bucks, you get a good re-chargeable lamp, its a good deal. Seemingly well made just adds to the value. I searched around for any reference to it but unable to find anything. Even at the Greenlite website did not show this product. Since it is in the shelves of "biglots" it is probably close out. So get them while its is still avail and cheap.

Regards.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Patsplace

Newly Enlightened
The trouble that I've found with lamps to reab by is that they light up too small an area on the page and then you have to move the lamp and that kind of defeats an enjoyable read.

I think it has to be a head lamp with a wide flood, no batteries in the back of the headband and easy on batteries.