• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Aspherical lens

elnero55

Newly Enlightened
Hi! I'm loonnnngggg time Candle power forums reader Nero! ever since i started reading these forums, which was a couple of years ago, i have always wanted to start a collection of flash lights, I don't even have a MAG! this is because i am a student and i just can't afford $200 + flash lights... Until now! well i hope, you see the other day i was at my uncles house using his computer when i spotted these beautiful aspherical lenses, 'HEY! where'd you get these from!!??' it turns out he can get them for free! thats right FREE from where he works, HOLDEN, these are the lenses used in all the new Holden cars! so anyway my plan is to sell these to you fine people and in return ill be able to start my COLLECTION! one problem though, i don't know if anyone here wants them, if i had a mag i would test to see if they 'fit' but i don't. i'm asking you guys if you would be interested in buying them. they are 75mm diameter, and about 25mm 'deep'. also he says he MIGHT be able to get different sizes, i will update when i hear from him.

sorry about the crapyness of the pictures all i had on hand was my PHONE!

i can assure these and of the highest quality (come on as if Holden would use cheap parts) and these turn the little light on my phone into a blinding MONSTER!! haha well nearly, i would love to see what they do with a q5 behind them!

CORRECTION - i own one flash light, its a mag.... and it's... one of those lil' ones :green::crazy::thumbsdow:sigh::mad: couldn't blind my self with it if i tried!

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings, El Nero, and welcome to the forums!

A 3" aspheric - that's sensational!

I have at least one torch this will fit, but are you in Melbourne or Adelaide?

If Melbourne, you could bring a few along to our next meet...

elnero55

Newly Enlightened
hey! glad to hear at least one person has a use for them! i live in Melbourne!! and i will try to be at the next meet, but no promises since i live a very busy life, but seriously i will try.

anyone else interested in buying these =]?

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ill be interested depending on total price with shipping and all... And get yourself a big Led Maglite (D or C size ) and try them on...It should spark more interest with beamshots and mucho pictures..Good luck

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would the focal lenght be? being 25mm I think they might be about 50 - 70mm.

If someone can make a bezel that fits a maglight sort of what fivemega did on the 2.5" throwmaster, this setup would be great! Ultra long range spotlight!

AlexGT

steed77

Newly Enlightened
Another lurker here, I am interested in this also.

Price? looking for 2 or 4
Shipping?

elnero55

Newly Enlightened
thats the other thing... what do you guys think a reasonable price would be?

bouncer

Enlightened
just a little too big for my surefire turbohead 6p man if those were just a little smaller

Gunner12

Flashaholic
A Maglite's window/lens is 52 mm in diameter so this aspherical won't fit without an adapter.

What's the focal length?

KrisP

Enlightened
The cars that these come from have halogen projector head lamps, there is no way he can know the focal length without somehow testing it first.

How could this be done? Hold in front of an LED and change the focal distance until the projected light is perfectly in focus, then measure the distance from the LED to the back side of the lens?

elnero55

Newly Enlightened
The cars that these come from have halogen projector head lamps, there is no way he can know the focal length without somehow testing it first.

How could this be done? Hold in front of an LED and change the focal distance until the projected light is perfectly in focus, then measure the distance from the LED to the back side of the lens?
ok thats easy! the focal length is, about 3 cm. if i go further out the beam gets tighter but the light leaks out the sides.

LightForce

Newly Enlightened
Tighter? You mean sharp shining rectangular object or more fogged round spot? What is the accurate distance between the LED and back of the lens when you can see sharp, rectangular image of the LED die on the far object? If it were a 3 cm it would be wonderful and you would have plenty of customers here...

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's probably about right; after all a modern car headlight isn't that much deeper than a flashlight reflector, really.

Yes, this is exciting.

I'd be happy with an A$8 pricetag.

Aepoc

Enlightened
If someone could offer an adapter for maglites, I would be down. I have a nice Copper mag that Mac helped me make. This lens would be a nice addition... although i recently purchased a UCL for it.

elnero55

Newly Enlightened
guy's I'm no flash light pro, so i really don't want to start selling these and then have everyone angry at me because i didn't describe something right, perhaps i could send someone one and they could vow for it?

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I volunteer - I have three torches with 3" lenses, any of which I could try one in. One even has variable focus.

I'm in Melbourne (Caulfield) - wanna meet up? Saturday's OK for me.

Latest posts