Need source for entry/driveway "intruder" signal.

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to create a security "line" across my driveway that will announce in the house anybody who crosses it. I have found a completely wireless IR system, but believe it will be too sensitive to false alarms from neighbors next door and across the street. I am thinking along the lines of something like you find when you enter a store, where there is a small light box on one side of the entry and a reflector on the other, and when you break the light beam, it triggers the chime. Where can I find something like this at consumer electronic prices which has a range of about 30 feet? Anything like this based on lasers? Wireless would be nice, but realistically I suppose wired AC would be the smartest.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Not sure if the still do but RadioShack used to sell them.
Norm

ugrey

Enlightened
I have a unit I bought at Radio Shack and I have had very few false alarms (cats, dogs, birds and a wasp who tried to build a nest in it). I am happy with it and would buy another.

BrokenR1

Newly Enlightened
Do these actually use a laser type light? I want to get one and use some mirrors extending and bending the pattern. This would be a good alarm system alerting me if someone was breaking in. I could either place them outside or put it inside the windows. I think I'd trust this more and be less prone to false alarms especially if I want to leave a window open.

Side note: Do the garage door sensors use a laser type light also? I need to check mine out, I'd like to try the mirror thing with it also making the straight line into a z pattern.

husky20

Banned
Re: Risk

To laugh is to risk appearing a fool,To weep to risk appearing sentimental(伤感),To reach out is to risk involvement(介入),To expose feeling is to risk exposing your true self,To place your ideas, your dreams before a crowd is to risk their loss,To love is to risk not being loved in return,To live is to risk dying,To hope is to risk despair,To try is to risk failure,But risks must be taken because the greatest hazard(危险) in life is to risk nothing,The person who risks nothing has nothing and is nothing.This person may avoid suffering and sorrow, but cannot learn, feel change, grow, love life,Chained(束缚) by attitudes he/she is a slave, and forfeits(失去) freedom,Only a person who risks is free.冒险____________________________________________________________________________深圳市卫通清洁服务公司成立于1999年,是深圳市最早提供管道疏通疏通厕所下水道,专车吸粪清理化粪池化油池,疏通、防水,上下水安装维修相关服务深圳市清洁服务公司之一,现在全市有20多个分部。公司拥有雄厚的技术力量、专业化队伍和各种先进机械,承接各种疑难管道疏通、专车清理化粪池、防水堵漏,上下水安装及维修等工程
and what does this have to do with a driveway monitor unless it recites poetry.:confused:

Aluminous

Enlightened
Re: Risk

and what does this have to do with a driveway monitor unless it recites poetry.:confused:
It's a nonsense post from one of at least two spam accounts that were hitting CPF yesterday, whose only point is the links to the spammer's websites. I happened to come across three of this user's 5 posts and three of the other's 5, and reported them, but the mods haven't gotten to them yet.