Is the SF M6 Worth it's Price??? :confused:

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the SF M6 Worth it\'s Price??? :confused:

The Surefire M6 is a powerful, well built flashlight. It provides 500 lumens for 30 minutes with one bulb, or 250 lumens for an hour. Is this worth the price of about four hundred dollars new???

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1046537344Illuminatingbikr">

Worth It?
[*]Yes! [*]No Way! <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

SUREFARC

Enlightened
Re: Is the SF M6 Worth it\'s Price??? :confused:

"four hundred dollars "????????What your talking about?
What I found is about $260.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

M6 just went up in price. SF sells it for about $380, you can get elsewhere for about $350. If you can find one for $260, I suggest you get it now.

SUREFARC

Enlightened

Sorry, $260 was OSKS's last week's price. At sableco, the price is $272

Size15's

Flashaholic

The M6 has a rated output for it's Lamp Assemblies of;
MN20 250Lu/60mins
MN21 500Lu/20mins

It is well worth it!

Al

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, but I think DL123's need to be free for life from SF if you buy one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic

why?

at $1.25 each, it's only $7.50 a set of SF123As.
That's a meal for two at Burger King when one is enough.
A few doubles in the bar when you know singles would do.
That magazine you didn't really want but had to buy anyway.
Come on!

These batteries are not expensive.

Al

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast

The M6 is well worth the money as far as I am concerned. I highly recommend it. Fit and finish and overall quality is unmatched. You should be able to get one for under $300 in the states.

Cheers.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Illuminatingbikr said:
....worth the price of about four hundred dollars new???

[/ QUOTE ]

In his evaluation of the M6, Brock, who is not normally given to hyperbole said that "It's like holding a little bit of the sun in your hands".

How does one determine "worth"? The best way for you to know the answer to your question is to borrow an M6 + HOLA * , fill it with new SF batteries (total cost $7.50) and play with it for a period of not less than 5 seconds.

In those few seconds you will experience a powerful reaction that will probably provide an automatic answer to your question.

Of course "worth" doesn't necessarily equate with "afford". The rational part of your brain may have to wrestle with that one.

* It is important to use the 500 lumen HOLA to experience the full capabilities of the M6

Brightnorm

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

I agree with Whistler! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Dan. <font color="blue"> </font>

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

and people ***** about the sf stated runtime of 35min for the A2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

the m6 is cool and all but 20min runtime coupled with the cost just doesn't do it for me.

have you considered the tigerlight? similiar to the m6, rechargable and far less $$'s.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd say no, it isn't worth $400. But it is worth $265, that's what I paid for mine a couple weeks ago at LA Police Gear, after the SF price increase. There is nothing else quite like it, especially now with the SF battery price drop. Just don't pay full list for it, or over $300 anyways.

-Keith

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

what tkl said, the tigerlight is the closest thing under $100 that you can have that is virtually as bright as the sf m6 with 250 lumen lamp assbly... and nmih recharable to boot...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Brightest thing I have other than a couple of rechargeable spotlights. And yes, it's not cheap, but then neither am I...d:^P

Of course I would never pay $400, maybe $250-$275 new.

But when you really think about it, anyone frequenting this Forum has no business saying this light or that one is too expensive anyway. We're Flashoholics. When the rest of the unenlightened world needs basic illumination, they could care less if it is created by rubbing two sticks together.

JMHO!

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

M6...?

Worth EVERY penny you pay for it! One of the best and brightest flashlights ever made.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Carpe Diem said:
Worth EVERY penny you pay for it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, worth all thirty thousand pennies... hehe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened

M6 worth the price? Well, it's $267.95 + free UPS ground shipping at outdoor-warehouse.com - but it really depends on what you're going to use it for (see also Brightnorm's post). The SF M6 is primarily a tactical CQB flashlight, right down to its switch. Obviously it can be used for various other applications. But if you're going to be concerned about having a lengthy runtime and the replacement of batteries at the expense of running the light for long durations, then this isn't the flashlight for you. I'd stick to a rechargeable [other flashlight names withheld for brevity].

On the other hand, if it's for sh*ts & giggles, then for less than $270, I'd say go for it. Personally, I'd like it for the sh*ts & giggles factor - not that my wife would let me buy it anyway...

Good luck on your decision ~

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast

The "worth" of the SF M6 is very subjective, and depends on your wants/needs. But if you have even a hint of flashaholism in your blood, you will not be disappointed, for the SF M6 is in a class all by itself (IMHO).