Anyone have the fenix LOD-RB80 ?

clg0159

Enlightened
I know someone has to have this light, but I have seen no reviews:thinking:
Does anyone have this light and care to share some beamshots. I am curious to see how this compares with the LOD-CE. Thanks CPF'ers.
Cody

clg0159

Enlightened
That is the one fact I know, but what about tint, beam characteristics, and throw. Plus the rb80 has a 60 lumen max vs. a 50 lumen max with the cree. This is why I would like to see beamshots.
I am wondering because the price is the same, but one must be favorable over the other. So far I do NOT like the tint on most crees.

Anyone that HAS this light plz chime in.:poke:

clg0159

Enlightened
Thanks for the link swxb12
user_online.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_2145107", true);
Flashaholic

paulr

Flashaholic
I just see it as another sign of Fenix's descent into marketing driven schlockland. There is just no flashaholically-plausible excuse for using a rebel 80 instead of a rebel 100 in that light.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO, I suspect it's about power levels. If you look at a L1D, the High and the Turbo aren't very different because it just runs out of gas with only a single AA battery. With a AAA battery I'd imagine it's even worse. Not much point in wasting a rebel 100 where it's not going to do that much better. Give Fenix credit for not using it and hyping you over nothing.

Now the L2T rebel80 is another story.