WHERE/WHAT to get my UltraFire accessories

kjk200

Newly Enlightened
I bought this light on EBAY a month or so ago.:D
http://cgi.ebay.com/UltraFire-G60-6...594978QQihZ006QQcategoryZ106988QQcmdZViewItem

I love this light, as it is my first "Tactical" type and WAS the brightest light in my inventory. Now, I have a 3d MAG with the MAG LED that gives it a good run for the money.

Anyway, I would like to accessorieze it to add options, and I am confused by to many options.
Here is what I would like to find/do to my light:
1 A BRIGHT LED upgrade (Best for run time and brightness?)
2 Add a lanyard/wrist strap (Possible?)
3 Rechargeable batteries with charger (What size/type/brand?)
4 Way to add strobe and H/M/L modes (Possible?)

Are these possible with this light? I love this light , but I want these options, so I can configure it to the task(s) at hand at the time.

Please help me pimp my light!

Thanks
Keith

PS I am a flashlight newbee, and will need web links if possible links and explanations for any acronyms.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
1. What does the lamp assembly look like, if it is like the P60 from Surefire, then pretty much all of the drop-ins form DX(Dealexteme, check the DIY section under flashlights, they also have a Ultrafire section but it is incomplete) should work.
2. Maybe make your own or use one you already have.
3. With a LED drop-in and a 3.7v lamp assembly, buy some 18650 batteries and a charger and you should have a rechargeable light.
4. With an Incan, modes will usually result in a much dimmer and oranger light. This LED drop-in has 5 modes, and this one has 4 modes.

Welcome to CPF!

kjk200

Newly Enlightened
Thanks gunner12 for the links!

1) The light assembly looks like this one except mine says 6v in blue
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.771 an it is supposed to be 6P compatiable.
2) How would I attach the lanyard to the flashlight other than using the clip to ankor it.
3) Won't a 3.7V lamp be dimmer than the 6v I have now, and are those batteries AA sized? This light takes the cr123 type. And what is protected and unprotected when it comes to batteries?

Sorry for some many questions!

pvalopes

Newly Enlightened
i prefer kaidomain.com than dealextreme
kaidomain have better support and faster delivery, at least to Brazil

Gunner12

Flashaholic
1. Check this thread for compatible LED drop-ins.
2. I am not sure, someone with some knotting technique could help.
3. It depends on how many amps the lamp is drawing. The battery is a Protected 18650 Lithium Ion rechargeable and it is 4.2v off the charger. The first two numbers signify the width, 18mm, the second to signify the length, 65mm, and the last one signifies the shape, tube shaped. The battery will be the length of two CR123 batteries and 2mm wider, I'm not sure if it will fir in you light. A 14500 battery would be AA sized.

Don't worry about the questions, I'd rather you ask them and learn then keep them in.

Kaidomain and Dealextreme are essentially the same site with a different format and a different owner. They were co bosses of Fifthunit before it split up. People have had different experiences with each.

camdz

Newly Enlightened
i prefer kaidomain.com than dealextreme
kaidomain have better support and faster delivery, at least to Brazil
I have only used them once. Its been 6 weeks and I havnt gotten my flashlight yet. I ordered from DX at the same time, and it came in 2 weeks. Half of my order with DX was out of stock and even that was only about a week behind. Hopefully one day I will get my light from kai :mad:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
dang your flashlight is good but with drawbacks....(I have 3 of them)

First of all be ready to replace the switch...Out of the three I got two that went dead. I hope your is of a deep finish liek only one of mine. Also I hope the threads and the tube ends are well cut...

other than that is a functional light and P60 compatible.

PS here are links for replacement switches:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5632
https://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=3012

Best of luck, kostas