Not Your EDC - But Your Most Used . . . .

Wassernaut

Newly Enlightened
WHICH LIGHT DO YOU ACTUALLY USE THE MOST?

In thinking about my most used light, I find that it isn't my favorite, nor my EDC, or my most powerful, biggest, smallest, etc., etc. The one that I use the most - IN THE HOUSE - for all the little odd things I need a light for . . . . is the unheralded, often overlooked little EternaLight 3 X-ray. It's the one that gets the most use among all the lights I have (those listed in my sig, and others).

I really don't know why. I rarely, if ever, take it outside. Outside I always want to grab one with some real ooomph. To me, the X-Ray is too underpowered for my uses outdoors. But in the house, the X-Ray is just handy. It fits my shirt pocket, and the many power levels make the batteries last forever. I replaced the alkalines with lithium primaries and it seems like they'll last til my grandson uses it.

Due to our schedules, I often go to bed much later than my wife. The X-Ray, with only one LED lit, on the lowest possible power level, is perfect to go into our bedroom and get to bed without breaking a toe (or my neck) or waking my wife. It seems I'm always looking for something under the couch or a low table, and the X-Ray works fine. Mine stands on end easily, so it makes a good long-lasting "candle" when the power goes out. And the uses go on and on. Besides, all the modes are fun to play with when the TV show gets boring.

One outside use I have found - is in the vehicles. The Dazzle Mode, which is often considered useless, is a great mode to keep you from getting run over when broken down at the side of the road at night or in fog or other low visibility times. While waiting for Triple-A to send help, an Eternalight in Dazzle Mode set in the back window can warn away speeding vehicles, and help the tow truck find you. I'll probably get more, and leave one in each vehicle.

Yeah . . . I know . . . . the Eternalight isn't too sexy or the latest thing, but it has its place. I still find myself reaching for this handy little light more often than I ever thought.

- Larry

KingGlamis

Banned
My main EDC gets used by far the most, but once at home at night my Super Fire WF501D gets used the most. I just can't get enough of it's massive output of light. Makes me want something brighter, just can't afford one right now.

These two beam shots are my two most used lights. The first my Streamlight Twin-Task 2L on incan mode (supposed to be 74 lumens). And the second my WF501D (I don't care how many lumens it is, the beam shot speaks for itself).

IMGP0039.jpg

IMGP0043.jpg

paulr

Flashaholic
The light that I use the most inside the house is the overhead fixture in my bedroom. After some experimentation with full spectrum incan bulbs and cheap CF's, I put a fancy expensive CF bulb in it. Then for "energy saving" reasons, the landlord sent thugs (j/k) to all the apts in my building, replacing the old fixtures with new ones that contain cheap CF-like fluorescent elements. I was already using CF, those morons! They took my expensive bulb too. :shrug:

GilmoreD

Newly Enlightened
Okay - I'm somewhat new to the forum... I'm trying to figure out what "EDC" stands for???
Thanks,
Dave

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I can certainly understand your use of the EternaLight. For a long time I used its little brother, the Derringer, for my prowling around the house. Recently I've used a Fenix E1 and even the newly available lowly Rayovac LED penlight. I just don't usually need too many lumens for for my normal usage.

Geoff

Benjammin22250

Newly Enlightened
It stands for Every Day Carry. Just whatever lights you carry on you everyday.

I EDC a P1D CE but around the house I probably use a 2AA mag led the most around the house.

GilmoreD

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Guys!
Since getting my WE Sniper 6A w/cree HO, it's with me quite a bit. It's with me in the Squad, as well as my Boxer 24W.
Dave

Culhain

Enlightened
Around the house, I use an Inova X5. It sees nightly use and more run time than my EDCs.

When I hike the 600 yards to my local watering hole the X5 usually goes along. My favorite bartender thinks the X5 is perfect for checking the coolers. Recently, I carried my SF C2 Malkoff instead of the X5 and my bartender went into shock when she borrowed my light.:devil:

djblank87

Enlightened
Most used would be my Tigerlight (TL), SL Ultrastinger and my SF-6P Defender with the (P61). Outside of using those three lights listed above at work everyday my A2 and SL-TL3 see the most action. :party:

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
After recently acquiring my first headlamps, I've been using them the most - real use, not just blasting at walls or dark rooms (though I still do that :D).

Whether it's getting something from the cluttered garage, working with the car at night, or checking on things outside the house, I can't seem to function without light on head and both hands free now.

Very excited about the apparent first arrival of the ZebraLight Cree Headlamp in a CPFer's hands. Looking forward to initial reviews and Fenix's offerings by the start of next year.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is the McLuxIII PD-S, arund the house, looking for my cat at night, checking on the kids, general usage as well as the night light..

LightJaguar

Enlightened
My most used light was the Ultrafire WF-501B Cree. It was used everyday at work, home and everywhere else. That light got dropped many times but it still worked fine. I lost it about a week ago :mecry: somewhere in Mexico. It was less then $20 so it was not such a bad thing. I already ordered another one to replace it.

cy

Flashaholic
EDC is my most used light.... or it wouldn't have earned the right to be my EDC.

Patriot

Flashaholic
LOD-CE and 10440s. It's always with me.

My walking light is my WiseLED Tactical and it get used around the house. It's being upgraded to P4s right now.

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
my most used flashlight is mag ROP with 6 D 10000mah batteries.
I always use it ovr others lights becouse I can have power and runtime at the same time...

PS: that is NOT my EDC:whistle::nana: