Fenix P2D Rebel 100, how good is it?

machoamigo

Newly Enlightened
I am planning to get the Fenix P2D rebel 100 but just wondering how good it is. Is it reliable and does its claim of 175 lumens on Turbo true? I want to get a single CR123 rebel light so I was thinking of getting this Fenix.

Any help/suggestions?

veleno

Enlightened
I have a P3D Rebel 100 and I love it.
The maximum declared output is overestimated, but there are some great improvements over cree:

- excellent tint
- larger corona
- beam with no imperfections
- wide and bright hotspot

The Rebel seems to have a little less sidespill, but it's not a problem at all.

I recommend you the new Fenix Rebel!!

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
With Fenix lights, and many other brands of LED lights, they quote lumens at the emitter. Lumens out the front of the lens will be less due to loss from the reflector and the lens itself. Lumens out the front will probably be around 130-135 lumens.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the L2D100 which is rated for 175 lumens on turbo, and whatever it really is, it's a LOT of light coming out. A whole lotta light for the size and price.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a practical comparison of the L2D R100 compared to a few other lights. The signature is the link. The P2D R100 is the same.

onthebeam

Enlightened
How do you like the quick blink it does when switching modes? I have read that this is a bit more pronounced on the latest Rebel versions.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you like the quick blink it does when switching modes? I have read that this is a bit more pronounced on the latest Rebel versions.

Yes it is more pronounced than the Cree CE models, it does not bother me and I live with it, I mostly use it on max anyway but understand why it could be annoying to some.

mchlwise

Enlightened
I just posted a review comparing Fenix's Rebel lights:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2146905#post2146905

The P2D is an outstanding performer. The P3D of course outshines it, but not by that much.

I think that the P2D actually has some benefits such as running on a single lithium cell, size, and inter-changeability of the head which make it a "better buy" than the P3D.

The P3D is the Fenix King, but the P2D is still a "Prince", and you'll be very happy with it.

:thumbsup:

machoamigo

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, I got the P2D rebel 100 today and am really loving the beam and tint, can't wait for it to get dark here and light up the place.

da.gee

Enlightened
Love mine! For one of my first flashlights I'm very impressed!

mr.squatch

Enlightened
We bought one last week and did a bunch of testing and comparing. I can't say that it's as bright as any other "100 lumen" light that we have but it's been told to me that in order to achieve the max output or close to it, that the rechargeable batteries must be used. I'm off monday to lighthound to get a rechargeable setup for it, we'll see. It's an awesome little light, we have gotcha wars here at the house and he's gotten me with it more than I'd like to admit. It's very small and amazing output for a singlecell shiner. :) Happy as can be with it

g

kz1000s1

Enlightened
I love mine! It has a very nice, smooth beam. The main thing a I don't like is the slippery body. I put some small pieces of bicycle tube around the head and tailcap.