Which One?

Beamshot

Newly Enlightened
Okay guys I cant seem to make up my mind. I cant decide. Fenix P3D (Cree) Or Fenix L2T v2.0 (rebel)?

LA OZ

Enlightened
I find the L2T is too long as EDC. P3D CE is not bad. I love the P2D CE size. If size does not matter, I will go with L2T for simple UI.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say go with the L2T v2.0 and pick up a P2D body and you get the best of both worlds. You still get the forward clicky, a simple, two-mode interface and a very small form factor. I just picked up a L2T v2.0 with this very setup in mind.

djblank87

Enlightened
The Fenix P3D (Cree) I say go with that if you do not want the longer body style.

But as Valpo stated you could go with that idea also. I just recently got my first Fenix light a Fenix Digital P3D RB100 an I'm so amazed at this light, it fits my lumen needs on all levels.

To sum it up I love it, I'm glad it was gift from a family member they listened to me for the first time: :naughty:

I'm sorry I waited so long to get a Fenix :thumbsup:

Beamshot

Newly Enlightened
Ok I have ordered L2T v2.0. Its purpose will not be EDC but to just sit in my safe along side of my pistol for those bumps in the night.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy Beamshot, and welcome to CPF,
I think you would have been happy with either light, but the ability to use the more common AA battery seems to give the edge to L2T in my opinion, so.. good choice.

If this is going to be an 'occasional use' light, then you might consider getting a 4 pack of primary lithium batteries for your new light. With longer shelf life, and less chance of leaking over time than alkaline batteries, these will help keep your light ready to go.

Something along these lines:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E9ZHSW/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I hope you enjoy your new light, and your time here on CPF.

Last edited:

Beamshot

Newly Enlightened
One more question, Is the lanyard that comes with it a good quality one or would I be better of going with something else? How does it compare to the lanyards from surefire?
If this is going to be an 'occasional use' light, then you might consider getting a 4 pack of primary lithium batteries for your new light. With longer shelf life, and less chance of leaking over time than alkaline batteries, these will help keep your light ready to go.
Yeah thats what I keep in all of my emergency lights, so I have plenty of those laying around.:thumbsup: