bicycle suspension

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a cool bike that I spyed at the Power to the peaceful concert on Saturday in Golden gate park. Besides having an array of led lights and other bright lights, this bike incorporates a synthesizer and speakers; it's a rolling rave!!

I was especially impressed with the stretched out frame, and the old school wooden suspension for the seat.

Check it out!!
Click on the pic for a closeup:

Last edited:

WNG

Enlightened
That's pretty wild. It took me a while to figure out why his center-stand was so elaborate. It serves also as passenger foot rests.
I'd hate to pedal that uphill...with a passenger. :D

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Upon closer inspection, it appears this guy or girl has some talent....
Notice the custom pedals, what appears to be a generator by the back wheel, and the clamps for the triple trees look custom made. There are disc brakes up front, and the coupler on the bottom downtube looks machined....interesting

nisshin

Enlightened
The geometry of the bicycle is known as "crank forward" that relieves pressure on the palms, back, and neck; it also lets the rider have a flat-footed stance when stopped. Here is a website from RANS Bicycles (of course there are other makers of crank forwards): Crank Foward. Crank forwards are sometimes thought of as a step between regular "diamond frame" road bicycles and recumbents.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are the only pics I have, but if you're REALLY curious, I added the full sized images as clickable links on the 1st post, so you can get a closer look at this crazy contraption.