Got my first two aviators on the same day!

Dr.K

Enlightened
One old body with white LEDs

One new type with red.

Both long clip.

I am about to go outside and test fire these, it just now is dark here.
I'll be right back with the results.

Good flashing,
kyle:twothumbs

Dr.K

Enlightened
Both are good as I expected, overall I feel the white version will get the most use, however the incan beam is football shaped. The red one has a perfectly round incan beam, and the red color is of the deepest quality, unlike some of the other red leds I have owned which bordered on orange. I see many batteries being sucked dry.

Dr.K

Enlightened
My wife told me I was becoming weirder than I already was b/c I was shining things while we were watching TV. So I took that trek around the yard I'm sure so many of you know about, with an aviator in each hand.:D
I can see this light becoming my fav real fast.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard that the 'football shape' is caused by the bulb, so it may be possible to swap the bulb between your white/red LED versions so that you have one definate favourite with BOTH the white LEDs AND a perfect beam.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't try to rotate the bulb, but the oval beam isn't an issue for me - I have never noticed it in the outdoors.
I went for a hike to the local forest yesterday just to play with my A2 a little :D. I have the red version, very deep red color - as you said. I am thinking about a white single-stage Aviatrix ring for my A2 in the future (I really hope Bawko will return to CPF soon :(). Have fun with your Aviators :).

SolarMan

Newly Enlightened
Congrats!

Now you need This!

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

why? for a real night-adapted vision flashlight. :cool:

Enjoy! and Welcome 2A club!

\\\

Nathan

Enlightened
... and fivemega's Strion socket, if he decides to make more.

Congrats on new A2's!