• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Aleph LE P4 Cree DB750 (price drop)

mahoney

Enlightened
Aleph Light Engine, "home-made", P4 Cree, Downboy 750, tint is very faintly on the lavendar side of white. Mostly it just looks white when compared with other LEDs to my eyes, but YMMV. Works with both McR19 and McR 19XR in my Aleph 19 head. $65 Now $55

Price is shipped Priority with DC in the USA, No PayPal, pay by USPS Money Order. First "I'll take it" gets it, not responsible for lost mail...

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Aleph LE P4 Cree DB750

Did you have to open up McR19 opening to fit the Cree with ring?

Bill .

mahoney

Enlightened
Re: FS: Aleph LE P4 Cree DB750

The ring butts against the rear of the reflector with both the McR19 and McR19XR There is a small difference in length between the reflectors, mainly so the Cree LEs can seat to the "proper" depth due to the height of that ring.

But in use the difference is really not very significant. I prefer the beam from the standard McR 19 over the McR 19XR, it's a subtle difference that probably relates to the OP of my particular reflectors, but...

The LE does not seat quite as deep in the head if I use the McR 19, and that holds the shoulder on the body away from the back of the head by less than the thickness of a business card.

The o-ring still does it's job and if the tiny gap really bothered me I could switch to the McR 19XR, or sand a bit off the front of the McR 19.

So if you already have an Aleph 19 (UV or Lux) you should be able to use a Cree LE in it with no significant issue