Civictor V1 History???

Jerry_S

Newly Enlightened
The Civictor V1 is no longer listed on the Fenix-Store web site. Could this be because it is no longer being manufactured?? IMO it is a great EDC lite and quite possibly the best bang for the buck out there. Anyhow, if you want one or another one, the time might be NOW. Lighthound still lists them and I am sure there are other dealers that might still have them. Forewarned is Forearmed.
Jerry

Energie

Enlightened
Civictor.jpg

The Civictor is a nice host to mod. I think, I´ll need some more. :)

- red Lux 1 with stock reflector and AA Eneloop (very bright)
- Seoul SSC P4 with stock reflector and AA Eneloop
- Cree without reflector, direct drive and AWs protected 14670
(all flood and very (!) bright)

Burgess

Flashaholic
One of my favorites, also.

But this doesn't hafta' be the end of the road for Civictor . . . .

Hey Fenix -- how about an upgraded LED for this light ?

:p

_

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question for people that have handled the Civictor and JetBeam C-LE...

Are they similar in feel on the exterior surface?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Both lights are very similar in feel. Knurling is rather smooth and not very grippy. If you're trying to decide which to buy, the JetBeam is much brighter, but operation can be fiddly and more maintenance (thread cleaning) is required. Size is almost identical.

Geoff

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, the Jetbeam CLE and Civictor have different twisty mechanisms. The Jetbeam is the "crush your battery" type twisty which conducts electricity through the threads of the head (where the body is the female thread), like the Arc AAA. The Civictor is a more modern design which conducts electricity directly from the body to the PCB (the body is the male thread). The CiVic keeps the battery under constant spring tension, can accommodate battery length variations, and has a much more positive electrical contacts when on. The Civictor also goes 7 full turns from first thread engage to turn-on, while the CLE goes 5 (which isn't bad, BTW), meaning the CiVic thread has more mechanical support. The CiVic and the Fenix L0x lights all have this best-of-breed twisty design.

However, all that said, the CLE has the Cree and multi-levels, making it a more flexible and brighter light. I like 'em both.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been waiting for an upgraded Civictor with a Cree or Rebel also. I was happy to see Jetbeam's C-LE v1.2 getting favorable reviews so I got in on the last 'Special' sale and am very happy with it. It's everything I would expect a revised Civictor to be, and maybe more. Love the finish and the runtimes are good too. But I still would like to see a Fenix version. :popcorn:

vetkaw63

Enlightened
Correct me if I'm wrong. The Jetbeam would be on all the time if the threads were the contact. I believe that it works as other lights, body tube to PCB.
Mike

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Correct me if I'm wrong. The Jetbeam would be on all the time if the threads were the contact. I believe that it works as other lights, body tube to PCB.
Mike

In the JetBeam C-LE the battery is not making contact with the head (or tail) until you screw the head down, so the current must flow through the threads since it is a head into body design. In the Civictor the battery is always making contact with head and tail. Screwing down the head completes the circuit between the head and the end of the body tube. Hopefully I described this correctly.

Geoff

vetkaw63

Enlightened
In the JetBeam C-LE the battery is not making contact with the head (or tail) until you screw the head down, so the current must flow through the threads since it is a head into body design. In the Civictor the battery is always making contact with head and tail. Screwing down the head completes the circuit between the head and the end of the body tube. Hopefully I described this correctly.

Geoff

Thank You,
You described it perfectly.
Mike