Surefire L4 head died - what to do?

AC_Doctor

Newly Enlightened
My Surefire L4 head just died.:shakehead I am wondering if someone could modify it with a Seoul P4 or is there another quality Seoul P4 or Cree head that would work with it. Thanks to Candlepower Forums for giving us such a great place to gather and trade information...

AC

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Surefire L4 head just died.:shakehead I am wondering if someone could modify it with a Seoul P4 or is there another quality Seoul P4 or Cree head that would work with it. Thanks to Candlepower Forums for giving us such a great place to gather and trade information...

AC

This is my idea of the ultimate L4 mod.

DaFABRICATA's updated L4 with 3 Seouls

Rscanady described it as "a SF Triple Mule".

mahoney

Enlightened
Far be it from me to discourage anyone from doing a mod, but SureFire's do have a pretty good warranty. Did the L4 die from something that should reasonably be covered?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I too would like to know how your KL4 died. What kind of battery (s) were you using. Will be good information for Surefire KL4 users.

Bill

AC_Doctor

Newly Enlightened
Hi Gents. This Surefire L4 was in my wife's cars glovebox for the last 2.5 years. I just took it out to change the batteries and noticed the light was real dull and blue. I changed the batts, and same deal. I always use Titaniaum CR123 batts. I exchanged my work L4 head ( which has been used for 3 years, almost daily and no problems ) and it worked fine on that body/batteries. I just mailed it back to Surefire for warranty. They were very helpful and were going to pay for the return shipping. Thanks for the heads up on the LIFETIME warranty. I will update you about the repairs in hopefully a few weeks

AC

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Gents. This Surefire L4 was in my wife's cars glovebox for the last 2.5 years. I just took it out to change the batteries and noticed the light was real dull and blue. I changed the batts, and same deal. I always use Titaniaum CR123 batts. I exchanged my work L4 head ( which has been used for 3 years, almost daily and no problems ) and it worked fine on that body/batteries. I just mailed it back to Surefire for warranty. They were very helpful and were going to pay for the return shipping. Thanks for the heads up on the LIFETIME warranty. I will update you about the repairs in hopefully a few weeks

AC
Surefire is great like that. It may take them a long time if they need to replace the head. The last I heard they were back ordered for months, but maybe they have caught up since I last checked.