Fenix EO problem

Sam44

Newly Enlightened
I've had a Fenix EO for about a year (it replaced my Arc). Last night it wouldn't turn on. I turned it on and off a few times and sometimes it would turn on full, sometimes flicker and sometimes not turn on at all. I installed new batteries and same thing. Spring action seems fine, inside contacts seem OK. It's a pretty simple mechanism. Any suggestions?

As long as I'm posting I'd like to add that I like the simplicity of the switching (which I assumed until now translated into reliability and security!) and long runtime. Anyone know if there will be a Cree based keychain wearable AAA from anyone coming in time for Christmas?

One last question, assuming I can get a fix for this problem, are non rechargable lithiums OK in the EO or not?

Thanks in advance to any responders,

Sam44

crislight01

Newly Enlightened
i am not an expert but this can be due to electronics, the little circuit board that runs the lamp, i think every Fenix has it. In fact this is the thing that scares me the most regarding modern flashlights, hope it last very long. or it could just be the switch.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Lithium primarys should be fine in the E0. Have you cleaned the contacts? if that doesn't help, then have you checked the regulator board? the LED might have shifted with use and shorted something, there was a thread about it.

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try removing the head and pushing on the LED with something soft, so that the module drops out. You can then check the components on the board. My friend's E0 (running on an L92, Energizer's primary AAA lithium) had its inductor come loose, so I soldered it back together. It came loose again, so I soldered it back together again and covered it in JB Stik Weld. It hasn't broken since. He doesn't baby that light at all.

Sam44

Newly Enlightened
Just want to thank everyone who has responded so far. I called Brightguy (where I purchased it) and the person I spoke to Tina? suggested it might be a worn spring and that I might want to stick something in there to stretch it a bit. She said a small crochet needle or a bent paperclip might work in that small space. She also said Fenix had a limited lifetime warranty (???) and that if I send it in to Brightguy they would send it to Fenix. I also sent an email to Fenixstore for suggestions. I'm not yet a customer and I haven't received a reply from them yet. I realize it's only $20 but somehow I guess, as I said in my first post, I felt I was getting reliability and durability. Sam44

Latest posts