Need some software council..

skillet

Enlightened
My wife has seen some photo editing that has the subjects in black and white and just their eyes in color.. or any other object in the photo..

Please advise.. What application will do this??

Thanks
Gordon aka:skillet

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Many of them can do this. I use Paint Shop Pro (JASC software, now Corel) and it's pretty simple to do it with this. I think that Adobe PhotoShop Elements can do this also.

My wife has seen some photo editing that has the subjects in black and white and just their eyes in color.. or any other object in the photo..

Please advise.. What application will do this??

Thanks
Gordon aka:skillet

As an advocate of open-source software I would recommend something called "The GIMP". What operating system do you plan to run it on?

WNG

Enlightened
You may want to try The Gimp and Paint.NET, two apps with Photoshop-like features, and free.
Both are open source and have a following.

Paint.NET is windows only, whereas The Gimp is available for Linux.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Gordon, have you checked out Google's Picasa2? It's free & actually rivals (if not supercedes!) other wares that are on the market! It may be all your wife needs...

Some apps can be a nightmare to get used to. While Picasa2 won't do everything that PhotoShop does - compare the price! :thumbsup:

BTW, the effect you're describing is called "warmify" in the "effects" portion of Picasa2.

I'm afraid it will be on Windows XP.. I can't get my wife to "convert" to anything else..

Thanks..

Well, GIMP runs on Windows XP, I know because I'm forced to use it at work.

http://www.gimp.org/windows/

It will take some getting used to if she's familiar with Photoshop, but it's a nice tool for basic to advanced editing. The one thing that I really wish it had was Photoshop's healing brush. I can make do with the clone tool though, after all, I learned with PS3.