Glo-Toob Mode Selection

ajairlines

Newly Enlightened
I bought amber and red lithium Glo-Toobs. I like them except I can't seem to change the modes easily. I follow the instructions. I even looked at my watch to count off 5 seconds, but it doesn't seem to help. My success rate is about 1 in 20+ attempts. There's no difference between the push button cap or the rotary cap. Can anyone offer me some advice on how to improve my mode selection success rate? Thanks.

SlotCAR

Newly Enlightened
Try 8 seconds on, then turn the light on and off to switch modes ...

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
SlotCAR speaks the truth. I felt like a complete idiot when I first got mine.

Try counting 8-seconds and it will work every time.

ajairlines

Newly Enlightened
WOW! Yep, eight seconds is right. Thanks for the help. I was starting to loose my mind there for a while. I've had mine for a week now (with a white on backorder from Bugoutgearusa) and I've been pretty much consumed by trying to get it to change modes. I will now have to show my wife it really does work...

Thanks again for your help. This is a great forum. I'm among friends here.

A.J.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
I think there was another post about this, but 7-8 seconds seems more realistic to switch into the different modes. Also, once you're in the mode selection you do not need to click on/off to cycle through the modes. You can simply press the switch lightly to cycle through.

By the way...anyone find any hidden modes?

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I had the same trouble when I got mine. I finally went to a little more than 6 seconds and it seemed to work. Now I'll try the 7-8 seconds to see what happens. It really bugged me at first but I don't need to change modes that often now. In fact since they are too large to put on my dog's collar I'm just using them as the occasional night light. I can't see using the blinking modes...25% or 100% is all I use.

Pistolero

Enlightened
I don't have the new CR123a model, but had the older FX unit.

I vote that thing the WORST UI EVER.
With the exception of their capswitches, those things are pretty much indestructible.

ja10

Enlightened
I had a lot of problems when I got my FX. One thing I noticed while using the twist cap was that often, the contact in the cap was just barley touching, and any movement of the FX would cause it to very briefly flick on and off. While I was at 4 seconds, the unit reset to 1. Once I started cranking the twist cap down 1/4 turn further, I never had an issue.

ja10

Enlightened
Really? Any hints?

I have been in a different mode twice, but I can't duplicate it. It was a fast flash mode, the equivalent of the morse code, SSSS etc. I left it on for about a minute waiting to see if it would get around to the "O", but it just kept blinking fast. I actually like the mode better than the standard flashing. I use the glo-toob when I ride my bike at night, and I felt that the fast flash was more noticeable.

I got there by very quickly cycling through the modes to try to get back to a mode I just skipped, and I ended on the fast blink mode.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can only read this thread and laugh, I went through the same ordeal. At first I was thinking, "hey maybe ur not cut out to be a flashaholic" but patience and time seems to do the trick with these glo-toobs. If I"m ever in an emergency situation and need to change modes on my glo-toob...god help me... cool light, just tricky thats all...

Mayo