reason 1,435,654,587 to pick girlfriends carefully

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I was talking to my girlfriend today and one thing led to another, she bought me a Firelion for my birthday.
:takeit::paypal:
I feel pretty lucky to have someone who not only tolerates my, ahem, Hobbies(yes that's a capital H), but actively fosters them. I feel bad for the folks who are still hiding lights in their tool boxes...

anyhow just felt like bragging and hope the rest of you all are just as lucky, at some point.

:party:

Last edited:

cqbdude

Enlightened
So I was talking to my girlfriend today and one thing led to another, she bought me a Firelion for my birthday.
:takeit::paypal:
I feel pretty lucky to have someone who not only tolerates my, ahem, Hobbies(yes that's a capital H), but actively fosters them. I feel bad for the folks who are still hiding lights in their tool boxes...

anyhow just felt like bragging and hope the rest of you all are just as lucky, at some point.

:party:

Does she have a sister??:D

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there really people who hide their hobbies from their significant others? That's sad.

My girlfriend has occasionally bought me videogames. I love her :D
I couldn't really want more, as my other hobby (computers, electronic gadgetry and so on) tends to be quite expensive :p

mchlwise

Enlightened
I feel bad for the folks who are still hiding lights in their tool boxes...

Having a girl who understands your hobbies is great, no doubt.

Some of us still have to hide lights in our tool boxes anyway...

...unless we can afford to buy two at a time because our girl will take off with it. :green:

:crackup:

Arkayne

Enlightened
My gf bought me a $900 fork for my mountain bike. Now, she's my wife! Annnd, now she carries a Rexlight CREE with a whistle on her keychain.

Groundhog66

Banned
MY wife knows nothing of my silly hobbies, I keep them hidden....;)

c49e271d.jpg

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does she have a sister??:D
she has a half sister, but seriously, you don't want her. I wouldn't let that hapen even to my enemy, (maybe Ted Kennedy).

My gf bought me a $900 fork for my mountain bike. Now, she's my wife! Annnd, now she carries a Rexlight CREE with a whistle on her keychain.

she bought you a 900 dollar fork and you gave her a 30 dollar light?

someone got the short end of the stick:thinking:

BTW which fork was it? I'm a Marzocchi man myself(a Shiver and a Super T)

Last edited:

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good going, 270!

My wife EDC's a black G2/P61 and a Beretta PX4 subbie. Yes, she understands my hobbies. :)

:buddies:

Arkayne

Enlightened
she bought you a 900 dollar fork and you gave her a 30 dollar light?

someone got the short end of the stick:thinking:

BTW which fork was it? I'm a Marzocchi man myself(a Shiver and a Super T)

LOL, well she loves her light just as I love my fork. Whatever makes us happy right? :)

The fork is a Fox 36 Talas RC2 and it has done wonders for me on the dh trails. However, I miss the plushness and squishy sounds my old Marz forks made.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Well at the moment we're operating under a policy similar to the US Military. "Don't ask Don't Tell." ;)

The Tan g2z was a wee bit too difficult to hide amongst the black and natural HA Surefires :) The 6pd I just got though fits in nicely behind the 9p with the e2d flanking its side...