PreOrder EverLED From LED Supply!

Raven

Enlightened
The EverLED™ will work with any flashlight that uses a standard flange flashlight bulb, regardless of the type of batteries the flashlight requires, from 1–6 cells.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Wow, finally a mod for newbies like myself, though I'm not sure switching out a bulb is really a mod in the true sense of the word. It looks too good to be true, though.

Raven

Masala

Newly Enlightened
WAAHHOOOO!! Its here! Man o man. Bitter sweet in some ways; after completing my first Mod using the MicroPuck, I was getting used to the idea of being a "tech"...now anyone can mod a luxeon flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But holy crap; if this thing works they are going to get rich off of me alone. I ordered 2 to test. I'll report when I get them.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know the smallest and best flashlight to put it into? Are there any PR-based 2 AA flashlights that would make a good candidate?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
carl said:Does anyone know the smallest and best flashlight to put it into? Are there any PR-based 2 AA flashlights that would make a good candidate?

[/ QUOTE ]You might take at the "Lumilite" line (at Osco/Savon etc.)-they have a fairly decent small 2 AA model.---------------------------------------------------------------------------Although putting a $40. emitter in an $8. flashlight might seem a bit disproportional to some folks.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

leddite

Enlightened
princeton tech sells a 4AA PR2 based flashlight, no?

waterproof, nearly crushproof, and 4 batteries would
give brighter and/or longer running times? hmmmMMMmmm?

plus also, the princeton tech PR2 based headlamp is
now a luxeon headlamp, complete with headstraps and all..

plus you can have your choice of reflectors in several
of their products. rock.

let's see, how many PR2 flashlights do i have? hmmmm.

big $$$ to convert. maybe a few.

Otokoyama

Enlightened
I'm specifically interested in seeing how well the EverLED works (brightness, focus, and heat dissipation) with NiMH batteries in the Princeton Tec 2AA models: tec 20 and solo (or predator). Also, the EverLED SE configuration might greatly improve one of my all-time favorite lights, the Eveready Two Way Light.

Masala

Newly Enlightened
I couldn't help myself...I went back and ordered the teal and red as well. I'm a gonner.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Raven said:
Can someone tell me what PR2 means )

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the base type on a lamp, see example:

pr2.jpg

CanadianGuy

Newly Enlightened
Is it just me, or did they change the color name from CYAN to TEAL? Minor detail, I know, but I just want to make sure I'm not totally crazy. Oh, hi by the way, I read a lot here but I've only posted a few times.

Masala

Newly Enlightened
I emailed them about the cyan/teal thing. They said they changed the name for the general public who don't know what cyan is and know nothing about luxeons or any other led for that matter.

woodbender

Newly Enlightened
Otokoyama...I have similar concerns. I have written them and they tell me there are no thermal issues. We'll see about that. I have a Princeton Tec solo that is my favorite headlamp(comfort and size) even though the beam quality isn't very good. I hope to get one of the teal leds for my birthday. Once I can take measurements, I'll make a custom heasink to use inside my PT Solo though this customization will involve cutting off the back of the reflector. I will post pictures and reviews once the project is complete. I just have to wait and hope my birthday request comes through.

Otokoyama

Enlightened
woodbender: The solo is my most used headlamp, though with a PT Matrix LED assembly. I'm hoping that the EverLED with a layer or two of WriteRight gives me the diffuse, bright light at 4-foot range that I'm looking for.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please answer some questions"

1. Is this a Luxeon Star LED?

I saw several references in this post to Luxeon Star, but the web site does not mention Luxeon Star.

2. Would it be brighter in a 3 cell or 4 cell light?

3. If the manufacturer is reading this, what are you doing to avoid the "Green Luxeon Lottery" problem that every manufacturer seems to have.

Thanks,

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I don't know if this is relavent, but I placed 2 orders for 2each of the "MicroPuck kit." The first order came with 2 Q1KW low dome Stars. The second order was for 2 high dome kits. Recieved Q2JWs. They are brighter on 2 cells than one. I got over 40 hours of photons from a 1.5V N cell!! (Yeah dim as hell, but still on- they will suck a cell to slightly under .8V, but the current drawn decreases as the cell voltage drops. I am impressed!

I *believe* the EverLED is a Luxeon emitter, but think it is probably underdriven or thermally regulated. Just a guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif .

Larry

Seth

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Brock said:

is this a luxeon?

[/ QUOTE ]

At least it looks like a side-emitter luxeon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The manufacturer´s website also mentions something like "LuxDrive™ technology"... Ok, that´s marketing-speak...

If this thing runs really on 1 - 6 cells, there must be some interesting circuitry inside /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seth

woodbender

Newly Enlightened
BuddTx...I have received answers to a couple of these questions from led supply. It is a luxeon led and as far as the "green luxeon lottery" it is just that. I asked them about binning issues and they will be "luck of the draw". Hopefully at some point they might have quality control on the status of each emitter. They may offer this in a high dome down the road also. This would be great for mods using an optic. I don't know much about output, but I would think that since a 3 or 4 cell light would each be dropping the output to the led that there wouldn't be much difference in brightness. Hopefully someone can chime in on this. I would see the difference more readily if you compared 1.5 volts to 3 volts as tvodrd did. I am really excited about all the posts that will be coming out with the release of this new and exciting product. I really like the fact that it can be easily swapped to a different light with ease.

Latest posts