Malkoff devices.......

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened
Wanted to give Malkoff some well deserved praise. I have two of his drop-ins. I run one with flood, and the other is for throw. These are high quality bright lights. Anyhow Thanks for the great product.:whistle:

One question.....what will run longer 4c's or 3 d's?

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Wanted to give Malkoff some well deserved praise. I have two of his drop-ins. I run one with flood, and the other is for throw. These are high quality bright lights. Anyhow Thanks for the great product.:whistle:

One question.....what will run longer 4c's or 3 d's?

From Gene's website:
3.5+ hours for the 4C-Cell
6+ hours for 3D-Cell

Bloodnut

Newly Enlightened
+1 I have his P60 drop-in. Very nice. Great throw, good hotspot, and good side spill. This product is very dialed in.

JamisonM

Enlightened
From Gene's website:
3.5+ hours for the 4C-Cell
6+ hours for 3D-Cell
Yep. Just looking at the data charts for energizer's alkaline C and D cell batteries; a single c battery has around 8000mAh and a D battery has around 20000mAh. So, 4 C batteries would be in the neighborhood of 30000mAh and 3 D batteries would be something like 60000mAh. Both batteries using the same tech., having twice the mAh would give you twice the runtime.

NickDrak

Enlightened
Definately good stuff! I have one of his M60 drop-in modules for my 9volt "Frankenlight" and it is the best drop-in that I have had the opportunity to try out.

Brozneo

Enlightened
I have one of Gene original Mag drop ins and it is great! Nice a bright, but I can't wait until he releases his multiple LED drop-in! How far away is it Gene????

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the Maglite "C" Cell Drop-In Protypes Gene put up on his website today are sold out now. That was quick. Not surprising, since a MagCTower heatsink and a Terralux drop in add up in price pretty quickly. Gene's drop in is less work too.

Gene43

Enlightened
I keep thinking I've found a good solution (for a multiple) and then it makes me crazy. I've decided to stay clear of it for a little while, atleast until the hair grows back that I've pulled out.

Thanks, Gene

ugrey

Enlightened
I would like to buy a Malkoff drop in for my G2 but I cannot register on his site. I put in all the information and all I get is a black screen that never loads and a security warning. Am I the only one? I guess I will go buy a Wolf Eyes drop in. I never cease to be amazed at the 5 to 10 pecent of web sights that are trying to sell a product, that will not load properly or I am unable to complete some sort of registration for.

jbviau

Enlightened
I've had no problems signing in or viewing Malkoff's website. Have a feeling it's your set-up that's the problem--why not try from a different computer? You're right that signing up for email updates is the best way to get your hands on one of these!

If you do go the WE route, one advantage those drop-ins have is the availability of low settings. I like my WE 4-mode.

springbok

Newly Enlightened
i am unable to go to Genes website, it keeps timing out. It worked 2 weeks ago.

Gene, does your webserver block traffic from canada?