Just picked up a Surefire 6pd :)

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Hi all,

I have NO need for this light, I already have a 6pd bezel on the way, and i'm trying to ween myself off the incandescent lamps. However with all this in mind I watched myself with morbid fascination saying "I'll take it."

I love it, and I love this place :)

One question for other 6pd owners, when I twist the clickie on the 6pd all the way down on the batteries (similar to how I do with the L4) the last part seems to be very 'rough (about the last half turn).' Any thoughts, ideas?

And the clickie looks like a black version of the clickie on my M1. Testing to continue through the twilight of tonight :)

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Surefire Lego to be played with tonight (I mean CONFIGURED ;) ) :

6pd, 9p, g2L, g2z, a19, m3, LU60 module, e2d, e1e, 6z, g2 and a couple of beam filters. I am already pre planning:

* 9p frankenstein with black m2 bezel, p60l, and clickie,
* g2z with 6pd bezel and p61,
* 6z with a lotc and g2z bezel
* M3 with clickie
*And last thing that comes to mind is e2d with 6pd bezel and p60L.

:)

Size15's

Flashaholic
...when I twist the clickie on the 6pd all the way down on the batteries (similar to how I do with the L4) the last part seems to be very 'rough (about the last half turn).' Any thoughts, ideas?
Take a look at the rear SF123A's negative contact.
Then, swap the batteries around and re-install the TailCap.
What do you notice?

Al

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Hi Al, I've tried what you describe, and then tried it with no batteries (Is still rough). Also swapped the tailcaps around with a 9p and its LOTC and same thing happens with the clickie tailcap on the 9p.

At the moment i've built a 9pdl (9p, p60L, 6pd bezel and tailcap).

Anyone come up with a unique lego setup?

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Perhaps a little more lube is needed?

I figured it was the spring contact making good contact with the battery - which is does by scoring the battery a little.

Al

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a couple of "Lego" threads floating around that are just begging for those pictures. I'm particularly interested in the 9PDL

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Tried the lube, it sortted out the issue :)

I went out last night, and my tan g2z with the 6pd bezel and p60L was in my pocket. Very nice combo indeed.

I've heard that it isn't the greatest idea to connect the polymer and aluminium threads in case the polymer thread is stripped etc, but it seems to be GTG. Can anyone ease my mind on this? :)

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've heard that it isn't the greatest idea to connect the polymer and aluminium threads in case the polymer thread is stripped etc, but it seems to be GTG. Can anyone ease my mind on this? :)
Glad the lube worked - I thought it would help.

I've been mixing Nitrolon and metal components since the very beginning and never even considered that cross-threading was an issue. It never has been for me. SureFire's threads have always been the highest quality. But I only have like 100 SureFires so perhaps I don't have sufficient experience to make this observation?

Anyway, I suggest its not a big deal if you're not having any problems screwing components together.

Al