I got my arcmania smjled2 for minimag yesterday

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
For $6.99 these things are a lot brighter than the stock minimag and breathed a new life in these lights. I got these not because they are the brightest things out there (although they are plenty bright) but I heard they have a insane run times which I needed because my kids are battery killers!!! I also wanted the long runtime for camping and hiking to keep battery back up to a minimum. The light has a nice strong floody beam compared to the stock ones. They throw a tad bit less but not enough to make a difference.

I went hiking in my backyard last night with a stock minimag and one with the new bulb and reflector. When I lit the path with the stock bulb I had a small beam lighting up a tree 50 feet away from me with the smjled2 it brightened the whole path and the tree. Great Investment!!

Here is the link, of what I bought

http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2542

I do not know if these are true smjled2 like the one in the sandwich shop but I am plenty happy with them.

Quinn_Inuit

Newly Enlightened
That's interesting. How's the runtime? I have an Opalec NewBeam, which I've been very happy with for the last several years, but it doesn't through much light. Of course, the flip side is that it makes batteries last forever.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Glad you like it.

I have the ones which Sandwich Shoppe sells.
(for a higher price):confused:

Sure wish we could find out if both products are identical. :whistle:

Inquiring minds wanna' know.

Anyone ask ArcMania ?

_

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you like it.

I have the ones which Sandwich Shoppe sells.
(for a higher price):confused:

Sure wish we could find out if both products are identical. :whistle:

Inquiring minds wanna' know.

Anyone ask ArcMania ?

_

I spoke with Arcmania, he thinks the lighthound units that I got are the 4 die unit not the newer 5 die unit. After further inspection of the bulbs I put in my minimags, it turns out they are only 4 die. So it seems that I have the older smjled not smjled2 bulb. Which I am surprised, because I am very impressed with these bulbs, I can only imagine what the smjled2 are like.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Thank you dd61999, for clearing that up.

Good work ! :thumbsup:

_