How Does This Work.

Empath

Flashaholic
Take note that each time all the multiples of 9 have the same symbol, and each time you access it, it changes to a different symbol. Otherwise you'd figure it out too quickly.
A two digit decimal expression really means 10x+y. If you add the digits together you have x+y. Now subtracting the x+y from the 10x+y yields 9x. So, the answer would always be a multiple of nine. The largest number would be 99. Nine +nine equals 18, subtracted from 99 would be 81. So, 81 is the highest multiple of nine that shares the same symbol as all the other multiples of nine.

You could think of it without the symbols as this exercise:
Think of a two digit number.
Add the two digits together.
Subtract your total from your original number.
Your answer is an even multiple of 9.

So, 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, and 81 always share the same symbol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
It's the flag, right? 'Cuz it will always be the flag. Look at the occurances of the flag in the list. And they are strategically placed so that no matter what, you will always get a flag... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
NO, I GET IT!!!

Everytime you do it, it re-renders the chart!! SO it's different everytime!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Brock said:
LOL, I get it, but I choose 10, and it didn't work, but I think that is the only one it won't work on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ten does work.
1+0=1
10-1=9
9 has the same symbol as the other multiples of 9.

JOshooter

Enlightened
The answer shouldn't have been posted...Now I have nohing to do all day long.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
DOH and here I was thinking

Think of a two digit number 10
Add the two digits (in my mind that was the two numbers) together 10+10=20
Subtract your total from your 20-10=0

I guess I should read it more carefully, I am not good with directions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Empath -

Well, I only missed the one on animal numbers on the arc. Shows how "up" on religion I am, more than anything else I guess. The good news is that I have a "bitchin'" love life outlook. Those were fun. If I hadn't known I was being "tested" I'm sure I'd have missed more.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
did anyone else get 11?

fun test! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif