:help: need Optic for Seoul P4 4 my Rayovac 1AA headlight MOD

Grumpy

Enlightened
I have installed a SEOUL P4 U bin in my RAYOVAC 1 AAA headlight. It is the new one at Wal-Mart that has the red, blue, and 1 watt luxeon. That is until I put the SEOUL P4 in it.

I measured the stock optic with calipers.

It is approx. .777 " (A little over 3/4" diameter)

It is approx. .425 " (A little less than 1/2" tall)

Is their an optic for the Seoul P4 that is this size or close?

It had a decent beam with the stock optic and the Seoul P4 but I would like it to have more throw.

The hotspot size was approx. 2x in diameter with the Seoul but was still brighter than the smaller hotspot of the stock luxeon. I hope that I can find a optic to focus the Seoul Led better that will fit this light.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will post pictures later. Image shack seems to be down now.

Grumpy

Enlightened
I cut a small slot between where the front is welded to the back. The front part is thin so I cut just behind that line so as not to make the front weaker. I then inserted a screwdriver and while twisting and prying, I worked my way around the body of the light. It has some thin spots that might break on you. I guess I just got lucky. It does not look so pretty but I don't care as long as I can get it back together (epoxy) and get a good looking beam with the Seoul P4.

It looks like the blue led would be easily replaced once you get inside of the light.
I think that I should just have used a dremel with a small cutoff wheel and cut around the front just behind that line that you can barely see. I had to scrape some of the material off to get it to fit back close enough toghter after I prized it apart.

If anyone knows of a optic close to the dimensions that I provided please let me know.

If I can find an optic that would work in this light I will start on my other one and give everyone detailed instructions maybe include a short video of how to get the light apart. That is if I can also get it apart without destroying it