What will the next new line of Surefire be?

LA OZ

Enlightened
Surefire is steadily upgrading their line of product with the new Cree L1, E2L, E1L, and G2L. Has anyone any information on the next cree lineup and when?

ja10

Enlightened
I've been wondering the same thing. My guess has been that they are waiting for a new LED to replace the Lux5, so the L4, L5, and L6 can remain at the top of their LED lineup in terms of output. It seems like it would be a mistake to have an L4-6 with similar output to the sub $100 6P.

GBone

Newly Enlightened
I really hope to see a much upgraded L5 in the very near future...

If they do it right, the L5 may be one of the best combat/pocket LED's around.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Surefire is steadily upgrading their line of product with the new Cree L1, E2L, E1L, and G2L. Has anyone any information on the next cree lineup and when?
Note that the P60L used by the G2L/6PL uses a Seoul Semiconductor (SSC) LED not a Cree XR-E LED.
SureFire has not yet released their X300 but word is that it'll be the next new SureFire released [shortly] - it'll have a Cree XR-E LED behind a TIR optic. 110 lumens for 2.4 hour - similar beam to the L1 (but higher output).
The body housing is the same as the X200 Series. The bezel is similar to the X200A.

Al

Wick

Newly Enlightened
I got word from Surefire last week that the X300 was shipping to dealers last Friday9/14). Should be at dealers sometime this week. The x200 is no longer listed on Surefire's website, its been replaced by the X300.

bouncer

Enlightened
L5 is supposed to be released soon L6 has been discontinued as obsolete as as new L5 is supposed to be a buck/boost converter that's all the rumors I have heard no word on the L4

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossyoak
i really want a u2 with a cree or seoul.

I second that. A U2 with an upgraded emitter is my Holy Grail of lights.

I think I can x3 that sentiment. Two additional comments......

1) Make the low output a bit lower (half of what it is now, even more?!?!)

2) Don't even think about putting one of those aweful optics in such a beautiful light!!!:barf:

MSax

Dinan

Newly Enlightened
I just want an uber bright L4 that has more throw! Maybe the X300 in an E2E body =)