LF2 vs L0D/Arc AAA pics.

xoltri

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any pics of the Lite Flux LF2 side by side with a Fenix L0D or Arc AAA? I just want to do a size comparison. I am itching to get a new AAA EDC flashlight.

Thanks!

fluke

Enlightened
Does anyone have any pics of the Lite Flux LF2 side by side with a Fenix L0D or Arc AAA? I just want to do a size comparison. I am itching to get a new AAA EDC flashlight.

Thanks!

Go for the LF2, once you have mastered the UI it is a fantastic little light.

fluke

Enlightened
Do you run it on 10440's or NiMh's? Would you still recommend it for NiMh users?

I run it on Lithium primaries.
I don't use NiMh's myself but have heard good results.
I would recommend it for any users Alk/Lith/NiMh.

I love the fact you can set it up your way, low/high, fast/slow.
I've said it before, I set it to slow strobe and McGizmo it to the dogs collar, it's like a distress beacon, great when camping and walking the dog.

I must get a video of that.

Tubor

Enlightened
That beacon mode sounds great! :twothumbs Nice for a EDC light me thinks.

I'd like to buy one and mod it with a more powerful LED at some point but don't know which LED to do it with. With the SSC shallow reflector I suppose another SSC LED would do, or maybe a rebel? Are cree's more efficient than SSC's and what sort of a beam would you get with a shallow reflector+cree as opposed to the now discontinued longer reflector? Hmmm.... :thinking:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
That beacon mode sounds great! :twothumbs Nice for a EDC light me thinks.

I'd like to buy one and mod it with a more powerful LED at some point but don't know which LED to do it with. With the SSC shallow reflector I suppose another SSC LED would do, or maybe a rebel? Are cree's more efficient than SSC's and what sort of a beam would you get with a shallow reflector+cree as opposed to the now discontinued longer reflector? Hmmm.... :thinking:
Howdy Tubor, and welcome to CPF,
If you are new to modding, you might want to start with something a bit bigger for a first project, possibly an inexpensive light from Deal Extreme. Be sure and check out the modder's forum. Both the LOD and the LF2 are pretty small with very tight quarters for modding, besides.... most of these lights are becoming available with upgraded LEDs practically every month now. Just a thought. :)

LED Cool

Enlightened
hello tubor, welcome to CPF!

the LF2 head/bezel is not sealed so you can mod it with a V bin SSC emitter if you can find one. a rebel or CREE emitter would not fit well on the LED heatsink and the stock reflector is only optimized for SSC emitter.

as far as i know, the LOD head/bezel is sealed so that may be an issue to you.

these two lights have several output levels which should satisfy most user needs as a EDC light. you will find most users seldom mod these two lights.

khoo

xoltri

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a LF2 and some 10440 Liion batteries and charger. I'll probably use it mostly with alkaline or energizer lithium's but the 10440 and charger was so cheap (2 batts and charger for $15 shipped) I couldn't resist.

I will be keeping it on my keychain and I was mostly concerned with how big it was compared to the ARC-AAA that I have carried around for the last 4 years. But it is not much bigger so that's fine. I am very minimalist with what I carry around daily.

Tubor

Enlightened
Yea, it's supposed to be much brighter on Li-Ions but it's not a "fire-it-up and forget it" technology yet. Out of all the torches I've looked at recently though, the Liteflux's lot almost seem to be designed for Li-Ion - they run very regulated for a long time and have a low voltage sensor curcuit built in, but is the risk of a Li-Ion battery fire if it goes wrong worth it? :faint: I think the technology is getting safer but it may take some time until I'm happy using them!

xoltri

Newly Enlightened
Yea, it's supposed to be much brighter on Li-Ions but it's not a "fire-it-up and forget it" technology yet. Out of all the torches I've looked at recently though, the Liteflux's lot almost seem to be designed for Li-Ion - they run very regulated for a long time and have a low voltage sensor curcuit built in, but is the risk of a Li-Ion battery fire if it goes wrong worth it? :faint: I think the technology is getting safer but it may take some time until I'm happy using them!

True, rechargeable lithiums can be dangerous. I used to be heavily into electric radio controlled airplanes and heli's so I've had my fair share of experience with various lithium packs, so I feel comfortable with the risk for occasional use with this flashlight.

worldedit

Enlightened
I tried using my LF2 with NiMH. I got half output with less runtime, so i wouldnt recommend it. The low battery function doesnt work well with NiMH eather. The light starts blinking when the batterie is 3/4 full. However the light is great with AWs 10440s. The Fenix is much brighter with 10440s, but who needs 150 lumen from an AAA light?

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have an LOD CE. I think it might be about 3mm longer than the LOP SE I have in the pic.

6bssvfk.jpg

xoltri

Newly Enlightened
Awesome, thanks a lot cave dave, that's exactly what I was looking for.

I'm without a EDC right now, I had to send my ARC away to get replaced and I'm still waiting for my LF2 in the mail.

xoltri

Newly Enlightened
I received my LF2 in the mail yesterday. It definately is a great flashlight.

It has a bright nice colored beam, it is very lightweight, and it is very well made.

The candle diffuser is actually a pretty cool idea. Although I won't carry it with me every day, I can see it being useful when camping, if even just for the cool factor.

The UI is a bit difficult to use, only due to the lack of feedback when switching between P1 and P2. I also wish that there was a bump instead of the indicator dot, but I may fix that with a bit of strong epoxy. But most of the modes that I will use are on SW1 (main mode), SW2 (user adjusted mode), and SW3 (strobe mode, because it's cool). Switching between these is not too difficult. And if you ever get lost within the flashlight's modes it is great that you can do SW1 anytime to get back to the main mode, instead of having to cycle through them.

I have the latest version SSC P4 LF2 and I tested out it's new memory function and it works well. It even remembers what mode you were on last if you take the battery out. That is one thing that I was worried about and I'm glad they fixed it.

Tubor

Enlightened
I received my LF2 in the mail yesterday. It definately is a great flashlight.

It has a bright nice colored beam, it is very lightweight, and it is very well made.

The candle diffuser is actually a pretty cool idea. Although I won't carry it with me every day, I can see it being useful when camping, if even just for the cool factor.

The UI is a bit difficult to use, only due to the lack of feedback when switching between P1 and P2. I also wish that there was a bump instead of the indicator dot, but I may fix that with a bit of strong epoxy. But most of the modes that I will use are on SW1 (main mode), SW2 (user adjusted mode), and SW3 (strobe mode, because it's cool). Switching between these is not too difficult. And if you ever get lost within the flashlight's modes it is great that you can do SW1 anytime to get back to the main mode, instead of having to cycle through them.

I have the latest version SSC P4 LF2 and I tested out it's new memory function and it works well. It even remembers what mode you were on last if you take the battery out. That is one thing that I was worried about and I'm glad they fixed it.

Are you using it with 10440's? ie: Do you like it with NiMh's?