What's the deal with UltraFire/TrustFire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

x2x3x2

Banned
Anyone knows weather UltraFire has in fact now TrustFire?
I see that on DX there're some TrustFire chargers, but also the flashlights are still coming out inder the UltraFire name.

x2x3x2

Banned
Ah i see, was just curious cos i remember reading somewhere that UltraFire planned to change their name to TrustFire due to the cheaper copies of their products (kinda ironic since they themselves have been known to "inherit" designs from other brands) :p

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a whole bunch of different 'brands' using the same few factories and just churning out their own stuff. They are more or less the same thing.

Even the circuit boards we keep seeing (5 modes with memory) in the recent chinese lights; I'd bet they were mostly from the same factory :D

Force Attuned

Enlightened
The 'fire' logo on both Ultrafire and Trustfire batteries are the same therefore they are made by the same company. The Ultrafire batteries have some very good reviews on DX from buyers. I have some on the way. I'll let everyone know if they are any good and how they compare to my Ultrafires.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know about the lights, but it seems the batteries are made by different companies as Trustfires are generally better.

generic808

Enlightened
+2 Trustfire batteries are definitely better than UF. I've had 3 UF batts fail on me, and not one TF ever failed :shrug: And I have a lot of batts of all different sizes.

DM51

Flashaholic
The 'fire' logo on both Ultrafire and Trustfire batteries are the same therefore they are made by the same company.
That doesn't necessarily follow at all. But it doesn't matter, as neither brand is any good anyway.

The Ultrafire batteries have some very good reviews on DX from buyers.
Those reviews are worthless.

I have some on the way. I'll let everyone know if they are any good and how they compare to my Ultrafires.
Please read this thread instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.