Fenix, Surefire or Other for EDC?

jspalmer

Newly Enlightened
Having used a few Fenix, Surefire and other lights for EDC, I'm wondering what's out there (if anything) that's truly better, brighter, smaller or more useful.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Better all depends on your perspective. Better as in bang for buck, tougher, more modes, programmable or some other thing. I think the best overall, according to what I've heard/read, is the Novatac 120P. But I still have yet to own one.

Welcome to CPF!

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a few of the lights you are considering...and it really boils down to what you plan on using it for. If it is nothing more than finding a keyhole at night, a photon or Arc AAA would be fine. If you need more power, consider a Fenix, LiteFlux or Jetbeam. If you want awesome durability, in a slightly larger unit, consider the Novatac or Surefire L1. They are all great lights!

jspalmer

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Illumination. I have a few Fenix and Surefire units. Haven't tried the Novatac, LiteFlux or Jetbeam. I need as much power, throw and options as I can get in the smallest EDC package. I've heard that the Novatacs may have some regulation problems. That may be a single test artifact. What's your preferred EDC, if you don't mind me asking.

jrv

Newly Enlightened
I need as much power, throw and options as I can get in the smallest EDC package. I've heard that the Novatacs may have some regulation problems. That may be a single test artifact. What's your preferred EDC, if you don't mind me asking.
Your list of lights:
SureFire M6, M4, A2(r), A2(g), E2Ex, E2E, L1, L4, 6P, E1L, E1L(c), E1e, G2; Peak Caribbean; Fenix L2D 100, P2D 100, P3D 100, L1D 80, P1 CE.
is not a bad selection per your goals. Beyond NovaTac and you're off in the Land Of The Exotics, price-wise at least.

modamag's Draco has an amazing amount of light in a tiny, tiny package. But I'm not sure how backlogged he is and the battery is a tiny unprotected Li-ion that needs careful handling.

The NovaTac doesn't have any regulation problem I've seen. Several people have reported flickering problems at low output levels: I haven't tested mine for this yet.

Latest posts