POLL:Should we leave the U.N. and more

POLL: Should the U.S. leave the U.N.?

• No, remain in the U.N. The U.N. is a stabilizing force in the world and for the most part it works.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Get out of the U.N.

• Yes, Get out of the U.N. now. It’s a paper tiger that waste money, resources and people. Close our b

• Total voters

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Wanting to go after Saddam or not wanting to go is an issue we have beat to death. So much has been made about the U.N.'s role with respect to our foreign policy. So, what do you think?

papasan

Enlightened
you have 1 'no' answer and 2 'yes' answers, seems a bit imbalanced. your personal views may be affecting your survey.

while i lean towards the isolationist's view of #3 i can't see it working in the long run. one thing is for sure, we are all in this together and the quicker we figure that out the better off we'll all be.

now, if we wanted to get rid of bureaucracies that waste money why don't we go after the biggest one in the world, our government?

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
[ QUOTE ]
papasan said:
you have 1 'no' answer and 2 'yes' answers, seems a bit imbalanced. your personal views may be affecting your survey.

Just the opposite. It gives people a chance to dilute my feelings about the U.N. Some may just feel the U.N. is ineffective but nothing worse, so I gave them that choice. It would be like a third choice on the other Poll, Should we go to war with Iraq. A better choice for me would have been: Invade Iraq, remove Saddam plus his war machine and get out". I had to go with a choice much more severe than I propose because a middle choice was not offered.

while i lean towards the isolationist's view of #3 i can't see it working in the long run. one thing is for sure, we are all in this together and the quicker we figure that out the better off we'll all be.

Amen

now, if we wanted to get rid of bureaucracies that waste money why don't we go after the biggest one in the world, our government?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's save that thought for another thread

Albany Tom

Enlightened
I'd have to vote "No", but for a different reason. The UN is a group of people, each of which complains about what the others do. It won't go away if we quit, so it's better for us to stay in and veto stuff that could be potentially annoying to us.

Now, ask if we should pay any attention to them... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Much closer than I would have thought. I tried to do a poll I thought we could agree on but just like evrything else, we all have different opinions. Aren't you glad we can!

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:
Much closer than I would have thought. I tried to do a poll I thought we could agree on but just like evrything else, we all have different opinions. Aren't you glad we can!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like the U.N.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Dan