OLIGHT T20 For Birthday Present?

SEMIJim

Enlightened
Got a good friend whose birthday is coming up soon. In fact: The get-together is this-coming Saturday, which doesn't leave me much time. But perhaps that's not a problem, being as Matt's carrying the OLIGHT T20, which looks to be a pretty darn good product. Good enough that, even were I not in a bit of a time crunch, I might well go that way. Need a good light for the ditty bag (sailing), too. I think this'll fill the bill nicely. (Tho higher water resistance would be nice.)

Can anybody suggest anything better, for about the same price and that I can get by the end of the week?

Thanks,
Jim

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to think Fenix was junk. Then I ordered one to see what the fuss was about. I was VERY pleasantly surprised about the quality. And if you buy from a good US dealer (Light Hound, Fenix Store), you can be sure you will get a good one or they will take care of you.

SEMIJim

Enlightened
I used to think Fenix was junk.
I didn't say I thought they were "junk." I said their build quality is known to be somewhat variable.

And if you buy from a good US dealer (Light Hound, Fenix Store), you can be sure you will get a good one or they will take care of you.
I'm sure they will. But: 1. I'd prefer to avoid all that, particularly with a present, and 2. There's still the $20 price differential.

Thanks for your comments.

Well, it's been 24 hours. Either CPF is broken or there simply isn't anything better out there for the money, from a "local," reputable dealer like Battery Junction. So it looks like that's the way I'll go.

Jim

gopurple

Newly Enlightened
Just to give you more to think about, the T20 comes in Cree Q5 now, you can pre order at PTS.

SEMIJim

Enlightened
Just to give you more to think about, the T20 comes in Cree Q5 now, you can pre order at PTS.
Can't wait for it. Our buddy's birthday get-together is this-coming weekend. Besides: The T20 is in the self-imposed budget (a bit over, with batteries and shipping). The Q5 version would certainly be well over-budget.

MattK,

You're welcome. Thanks for the quick ship!

Jim

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
MattK,

How soon will you have the Q5 T20 ? I was checking your website earlier and I don't see any mention about the Q5 T20 yet.

Same as PTS - about 10 days. I'm actually creating the listing for pre-order now so it will be up tonight - as will pre-order links for the T10 and T15 which are en route and expected in 4-5 days. :)

Jim - My pleasure - we always ship in-stock items same/next day, it's a point of pride. :)

Last edited:

jrv

Newly Enlightened
One potential issue is the batteries. If the recipient isn't a flashlight nut then the CR123 battery cost may be a problem. They may go to a camera store and find them on sale for $10 apiece...

I usually include a dozen or so batteries with the gift along with warnings about where NOT to buy them, what they should cost, etc. In fact I usually tell people to whom I give a CR123 light to just give me a call since I buy in bulk.