Wolf Eyes M-90 Rattlesnake..got one today!! NICE

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
received mine today (sunday) via Speedpost.
It was shipped on 2/28 out of Hong kong
All I can say is WOW!!!!!

Brighter than my 8NX . There's no comparison
I ordered the clickie tail cap as it would work for me better than the LED tail cap.

BTW my Led tail cap seems to be inoperative at the current time, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'll e mail Copia and Wargamer later today. I also purchased several spare Lamp assembly's and received one that is defective /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif .

I purchased the car charger for the battery's so I can charge them at night.
While the Lamp assembly's are "cheaper" than a SF the light is just about as good. Certainly brighter than my 8NX with freshly charged Battery's ever thought about being.The light is a very nice white color with a reasonable "hot" spot and very large surround.It nay be a bit much for building clearance but will be perfect for outdoors searches and traffic stops. very nice light. Seems well constructed. It does not have an anti roll type of bezel and is a little 'top" heavy.

It will be a good duty light on the belt. It fits , a liitle tight in an ASP break away holster.

Run time test underway at this time, first 30 minutes with no noticeable dimming /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

all in all a very nice robust peice of equipment that I hope will geve me years of service.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Woly Eyes M-90 Rattlesnake

Interesting!

Where`s everyone getting these from - and do they have any dealers who`ll ship to the UK. Maybe I`ve not been looking in the right places and it`s very possible I havn`t been paying enough attention to things lately (other issues to deal with) but I can`t seem to find them anywhere other than the manufacturer`s site, and that doesn`t appear to allow direct ordering.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. I`m keen to try out one or two of this line of lights. They sound impressive.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast

http://www.wargameclub.com/WGC_Shop/

In the search section type in copia

BTW I got my LED cap to work, I had the battery's reversed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif. The LED cap is a good thing for those who need small amount of light for long periods, like a long term power outage. For me as a Patrol item it wouldn't get used much.

At 1 hour still running strong with no noticeable dimming /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

70minutes and the light has dimmed a little.

If the battery's maintain a charge over time (storage) it will be a winner. Surefire could take a big lesson from this thing, especially with the better lamp assembly quality they have. These batteries could be kick As* for the 8NX and 9AN.

This thing is gonna rock

Floating Spots

Enlightened

Warning! Big price increase!
Wargamers Copia stuff just took about a 35% price hike.
Like their 6P and 9P kits went from $60 to $81.50.
Their other stuff went up, but I didn't have the prices written down.

Anybody know of another supplier of the Copia LIons?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow !
Prices are now way through the roof. Paid $130.00 for the M-90 now it's over $160.00.
I was thinking of one of the 6 series lights but at those prices /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif .

there is another guy who sells them under the Pila name

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Home

search for Pila and click one of the items to get a complete listing. They do not seem to have the Lithium Ions and all of the lights run DL123's. same product different brand name. But a search of the sight does not have the Copia battery's.

Sorridsky

Newly Enlightened

hmmmm. very expensive.
I wanted the 6A-i instead of the E2e.
but if they are selling under different brands,
I wonder if theres a price difference.
Where would be the cheapist place to get one from, shipping to the UK?
I've tried emailing wof eyes, but as yet no reply after a week.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

So did I pick the wrong time to order a 6T Explorer then? Dang /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Still, if it turns out to be a good little one, that won`t feel so bad. I guess they noticed the spike in their sales of these things thanks to us here at CPF and thought it would be the start of something big - putting the prices up to make more money.

They`ll be dissapointed when the "CPF Syndrome" wears off and their sales drop back to normal once we`ve all got them and moved on to something new. I reckon we`re kinda like a mini Slashdot when it comes to dealers of obscure flashlights......

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I sent Pila an e mail and also red wolf. I would like to get one of the 6 series rechargables. I am really impressed with the M90. It is brighter and throws as far as the Streamlight Ultrastinger with longer run times. I can carry it on my duty belt.

Should have ordered spare battery's at the lower price.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast

The 6 series rechargeable impressed me even more than M90 due to its small size. I've ordered 2 of them w/o charger from Pila:) WGC doesn't sell rechargeable light w/o recharger. I don't need a charger each for M90, G2R and G3R. I don't understand why WGC must sell complete kit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Regarding the price difference, I heard that Pila filed a complain to Copia about WGC. WGC should only sell Pila but not Wolf-eyes in Hong Kong. Pila is the only authorized *brand* allowed to be sold in Hong Kong. In order to stop grey marketeering, Copia increase price to WGC if they don't purchase from Pila.

Alan

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast

Red wolf and Wolf Eyes (copia) replied to my e mail's this evening, 3 hours after sending messages.

Red Wolf says 2-3 weeks they should have lights and battery's back in stock. Gonna get one of the 6 series /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif with the LED tail cap. That would be about perfect for off duty and as a small pocket type light.

Copia says that they are developing a line of filters for the lights ( I use red often ). Sounds like these guys are on the ball

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just got my M90 and 9 series w 150A a few hours ago. I could now test it against my C3 and 9AN in the DARK. Wow! The pila (2 lights are using the lamp but different reflector) beat C3 w P90 and 9AN far off. 9AN has larger yet dimmer and yellowish hot spot while Pila has smaller white hot spot with very bright spill. Although P90 has more intensive smaller hot spot than 9AN, it is no comparison with either M90 or 9 series rechargeable.

The tip of the lamp bulb has thicker lens like Carley. I don't how much this help.

Madecov, I found the 9AN holster v41 fit M90 very well.

Alan

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks,
Will the M-90 lamp assembly fit the GL-3.

I received an answer from Pila. The price of the GL-2R is $100.00 plus ship, this is complete with charger . I have the charger from the M-90 so only need the lights and spare parts.

Wargamer is at $122.00 plus ship, seems very high but

Pila also advises that they have the LED in red, yellow, green & IR.

I figure the next time I order from either Red Wolf or Pila I better get everytjing I'll need.Prices go up, shipping goes up

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast

M90 lamp won't fit GL3 since GL3's bezel is similiar size of SF 9P. GL3 LA is compatible with P90. I've tried put GL3 9v LA in a SF C3, it works flawless.

P90 has more intensive oval hotspot while GL3 LA has smoother and whiter round hotspot and bright spill that similiar to 10X beam pattern. It'd be great if M90 lamp fits GL3, if it does, it means I could use SFP91 in M90 - 200lumen for 40-50 minutes:)

I like GL3 more than M90 due to its smaller form factor and their brightness and beam pattern is the similiar.

Did you tell Pila that you want a GL2R without charger?

Alan

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, I sent a few e mails. They seem to be out of stock right now. They also sell the 6P/9P coversion.

Unfortunatly sometimes it seems there might be some language confusion.

Will the 3.7v lamp assembly with a single spring work in the SF G-2 ?

If it will I might go ahead and get that set up so my traffic cone and filters will work.

I am considering one of the GL3's and GL2's as well as a conversion kit to make my SF LI-ion compatible.

Is M-90 LED switch compatible with GL3 ? I do not use it on the M-90 but would on a home flashlight.

It seems like Pila prices are also very high. is there another reliable source that can ship to USA ?

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pila 3.7v lamp assembly with a single spring does work on SF classic bezel (6P, D2, Z2, C2 ... etc) when use with one 3.7v li-ion battery.

I have known only 4 companies that carry either Pila or wolf-eyes in Hong Kong that I have replied you on pm previously. If you consider all 4 sources' price is too high, you might consider to tell copia to change thier pricing structure:)

Alan

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, guess I'll wait for a few quotes.

Since I have the M-90 I might just get the parts to make G2 or G2Z rechargeable.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to get the G2 Pila when I have a Gs Surefire.

Since the lamps and battery's are compatible I can order them as seperate parts at this point.

Bob123

Newly Enlightened

I had in my hands for testing 6PX Finder and 6PA (Li-ion).
I had one problem - lens. when flashlight were long time switched on lens melt. They make lens with normal polucarbon. In version which I tested lens where not straight in form. Quality of beam were very good similar to SF.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

so much for the surefire perfect beam...two of the P60s i have produce an oval hotspot, and the hotspot is not even; you can clearly see a smaller bright spot in the middle. though it doesn't really bother me, knowing that another company offers a comparable product for much less is rather iffy.