Inova XO3

Lightdude

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I have an Inova XO3. I may have a problem with the tailcap. Sometimes when pushed it goes on very easily. Other times it does not go on at all when pressed unless I change my position of my thumb. This occurs wether the tailcap is screwed down almost to the 'on' position or the opposite to the 'lockout' position. Do I have a bum switch or is this normal for the Inova? Please help! Thanks!

Portage Lakes

Newly Enlightened
I have 4 Inova's and my new X1 gen 3 2007 model does exactly what you describe but it also starts to blink at a fast frequency after I leave it on for 20 minutes so it is defective. Try a runtime test on yours to make sure this does not happen with yours as well. The endcap of my other 3 work well so it sounds like you may have a bad one.

I have the following models

XO3 2007 model
XO original
X1 gen 1
X1 gen 3 that is defective

Last edited:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a dozen different Inova X series lights and have not had that problem with any of them. Sounds like there is a switch problem. You have made sure that the contact areas are all clean with no anodizing or greasy buildup on them?

munkybiz_9881

Enlightened
I just bought an XO3 last week and it did the same thing.

Heres how to fix it. Very Simple

The Black anodizing is blocking the postive connection, (the silver metal piece in the tailcap with the + on it) simply get some fine sandpaper, 320 or so, and sand the anodizing from the end of the battery tube, and since the end of the battery tube is slightly beveled on the inside sand it off too. The beveled part is where mine was covered in anodizing and where the connection was made, works flawlessly now.

Good Luck, this should do the trick:naughty: