Getting ready for halloween

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im thinking I need a new light or mod one I have.Im looking for something with 400+ lumens,Over 1 hr runtime.Inve got my mag 85,but its really to bright,and big.Im looking for something smaller and with all the new leds,Im looking at Electrolumens Fire Lion.I like that it runs on 18650,which I have.2 hr runtine seems good.I am also thinking of upgradeing Electrolumens My little friend with 3 seoul p4 too.

Any other ideas?What are you planning on taking?

Phaetos

Enlightened
Hook Glo-Toobs to all of them, that should work. And carry the MaxaBlaster :laughing:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Part of the fun of Halloween is the darkness. I make sure nephews each have strips of reflective tape on each side so people can spot them, and givem them each a RR 2 AAA to see where they are going when they want to. I would never have taken a flashlight with me to wreck Halloween when I was a kid.

As far as my use, the Inova X03 will light up far enough to see if anyone is trying to mess with the decorations which is all I need.

BlackDecker

Enlightened
Good gawd... in the park by my house, they've already put up a lighted SANTA AND REINDEER! About blew my lunch.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'm thinking I'll use one of the small LED tap lights that I found at WalMart (thanks Quickbeam) in the pumpkin. I've used wired incand. night lights other years, but these are small enough to fit through the top and should work better.

Geoff

Supernam

Enlightened
Come on guys... Halloween is the only holiday that you have an excuse for using your ridiculously excessive collection of flashlights! Bust out the Rops/Mag85's, HID's, Multi-Cree/Seouls, and other retina burning incarnations!

For your children, I recommend some sort of flashing object such as those blinking necklaces that they have at fairs or something like that. You can spot your children from a distance and distinguish them from the other kids. Glowsticks might do the trick too.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come on guys... Halloween is the only holiday that you have an excuse for using your ridiculously excessive collection of flashlights! Bust out the Rops/Mag85's, HID's, Multi-Cree/Seouls, and other retina burning incarnations!

In my opinion Halloween is the fun holiday where darkness is king. Its all about things that go bump in the night, ghouls, ghosties, vampires, witches. You WANT the dark. Bright lights take away the fun of Halloween for kids, and for me. What is a haunted house with flashlights or the lights turned on? How scary and fun are those recorded ghost sounds in your Halloween graveyard in the front yard if you have a spotlight over them?

Kids safety is paramount yes, but you can do that without wrecking the spirit and fun. Very young kids are different, you dont want them spooked. I think however Halloween is really for slightly older kids and adults who get into it, like me :devil:

Save the bright flashlights for Christmas where LIGHT is King is my personal opinion for Halloween.

I do have a neat flashlight I got last year though with red orange and blue filters and a dozen ghoulish sounds that I will make sure to use :).

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darkness really IS important for halloween. Jeers to the DST steering comitte for f'ing up halloween for the kids; don't forget that halloween starts an hour later this year due to the extended daylight savings time.

I'm going to put a sign out front that reads "Halloween starts at dusk" just so any parents who are conditioned to starting at 5:45 know to come back in an hour when it gets dark and Halloween 'really' starts.

Little kids should only have a 1aaa light, like a dorcy, but adults should have something brighter for safety. Maybe just a glowing jackolantern to carry.

Anyway, around 9 when halloween ends I'm going outside with a bright flashlight to keep an eye on the 'hoods' who come out late and spray shaving cream.

As far as your spooky music needs, I put together a cd last year that was really super. It includes these albums with the songs jumbled up:
  • A nightmare on elm st. :Charles Bernstein/ Christopher young
  • Corpse bride
  • The best of halloween: John Carpenter/Alan Howarth
  • Friday the 13th orchestra with Henry Malfredini and Michael Zager
  • The jaws theme, the psycho theme,

Lumalee

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,
Well that really set the cat amongs the pidgeons, sorry to side track but it is a quick one, the link to the scar music above is great, some really great tunes and they are free...........IF YOU LIVE IN THE USA...:mecry::mecry:

I would really like the music, but you have to input a number off the barcode of some Hormel Pepperoni, and we dont get it over here in UK, here's the link again http://8.7.217.45/spookymusic/ hope some one can help and send me the code so I can download it for my kids Halloween party.

Cheeers in advance for any help
Lee

Illum

Flashaholic
What would you use to light up 500 pumpkins using led's and battery power:thinking:

alot of fauxtons

its a bit cruel for others if say someone took an M6 to go with their kids to go tricker treating
since Halloween relies heavily on the darkness...lets just keep our BIG GUNS at home shall we?
I'll just bring something less than 100 lumens for myself and fauxtons for others :grin2:

I think I'll carry the auroralite hotwire for the emergencies, an A2 for its LED capability

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, leave the lumen lasers in your pocket. Nothing like getting your night vison zapped by a good intentioned flashaholic. Its the kids show, give them the lights. Weak ones.

I love this time of year!

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I take my niece out for her tricks-or-treats every year. This year will be her third time out. I got the biggest kick out of this little plastic 2D flashlight with a plastic ghost where the lens normally goes. That is her light.

The Surefire M4 stays in my pocket for emergencies.

Latest posts