swiss army flashlights ? ? ?

jayjay81

Newly Enlightened
i was looking for a good all around flashlight and i saw that swiss army makes them are they any good??? does anyone out there own one???:shrug: any help would be great..

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't have one but my understanding is that they are made for Victorinox by Emissive Energy(INOVA).I would guess the quality to be on par with INOVA's other lights.I am pretty sure they only use LUX I or III leds. hope this helps.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 2AA version, without the rubber grip, bought from Target in a set with a SAK. Price was ~$30, IIRC, for the knife and the light, which should be considerably better than both items bought separately, I guess.

Very nice light. Nothing outstanding, but a pretty good consumer (aka 'non-flashaholic') product for people to replace the good ol' Minimag.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Victorinox 2AAA with a reflector made by the same company who makes Inova flashlights.

A European poster in another thread wrote that he has an earlier version with a TIROS focusing lens which produces a spotlight with little spill.

The reflector version I have produces a small hotspot and very good spill. The pattern and intensity is quite similar to the 3rd generation (latest version) "2 watt" Inova X1.

The construction is first rate though I was underwhelmed with the overall brightness. It is much whiter but only a little brighter than my Arc AAA-P lights.

I bought the 2AAA Victorinox light from Feline Vet Shop.

victorinox-2aaa.jpg

victorinox-2aaa-led.jpg

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova needs to innovate and begin using modern LEDS. They are fielding lights with 2+ year old LED technology. Most of the market doesn't know better, but they are giving up on 2+ times efficiency gains (more brightness or more runtime).