Brinkmann Legend LX Myth

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have come to believe that the Brinkmann Legend LX does not actually exist. It's a myth. Part of a devious conspiracy by certain members of this forum to frustrate the rest.

I have stopped at probably 2 dozen Walmart in the northeast over many months and not once have I seen this flashlight. So there, the plot has been exposed. I must now go into hiding to protect myself from those I've exposed.
grin.gif

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RonM:
I have come to believe that the Brinkmann Legend LX does not actually exist. It's a myth. Part of a devious conspiracy by certain members of this forum to frustrate the rest.

I have stopped at probably 2 dozen Walmart in the northeast over many months and not once have I seen this flashlight. So there, the plot has been exposed. I must now go into hiding to protect myself from those I've exposed.
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RonM,

Just go to http://www.crawfordtool.com/brinkmann.html and order one for $23.00..........

Richsrs

Newly Enlightened
The sports Authority has them too. I just bought 2 yesterday, and am willing to sell the one for what it cost me plus shipping

beam_me_up

Enlightened
I ordered a legend lx from crawfordtool 3 days ago....I'm still waiting for it.... as far as it not being in any walmarts, it's not on brinkmann's website either....I think they have discontinued it and are POSSIBLY bringing out a rechargeable version...I say this because during a conversation with a phone operator for brinkmann he said something about a legend lx rechargeable
smile.gif

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please buy my barely used LX.

$19 +$4 shipping in the US.
I will include a half used set of batteries and a new set of batteries.

Unfortunately I tossed the packaging.

beam_me_up

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cave dave:
Please buy my barely used LX.

$19 +$4 shipping in the US.
I will include a half used set of batteries and a new set of batteries.

Unfortunately I tossed the packaging.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a good deal! But i already ordered one online
frown.gif
Why do you want to sell it?

Richsrs

Newly Enlightened
They are not on Brinkmann's website, but if you call they will sell you one for I think 39.00. The operator from Brinkmann told me they dont have everything they carry on there web site. I held out on paying 40 bucks for one and found them at The Sports Authority for 19.99, A place I pass everyday and never thought to look there. I will sell my other one for 21.50 (which is what I paid including tax) plus shipping if anyone wants one. I take Paypal too. They had 3 more at the store I was at so they are out there, you just have to look.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh don't try to fool me by bringing the Sports Authority and Crawford into the mix. More lies and deception for sure! Adding insult to injury by asking me to send you money in exchange for our extra LXs. My momma didn't raise no fools. I'll believe it when I see it on the store shelf you rascals.
wink.gif

Richsrs

Newly Enlightened
What part of NJ are you from? The Sports Authority I got my 2 at is in Whitehall PA, which is Technically Allentown. Depending on what part of Jersy your from, take a ride and see. You could go on their web site and click on store locator and see if there is one closer to you.

beam_me_up

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richsrs:
They are not on Brinkmann's website, but if you call they will sell you one for I think 39.00. The operator from Brinkmann told me they dont have everything they carry on there web site. I held out on paying 40 bucks for one and found them at The Sports Authority for 19.99, A place I pass everyday and never thought to look there. I will sell my other one for 21.50 (which is what I paid including tax) plus shipping if anyone wants one. I take Paypal too. They had 3 more at the store I was at so they are out there, you just have to look.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did call them and the guy that I talked to said the only things they have are on the website and he said they didn't have legend LX's for sale

beam_me_up

Enlightened
RonM, I got mine today!!! I too thought it was a myth after going to several wal-marts and a bunch of other stores before i finally gave up and ordered one online.....the first thing I did with it is shine it in my eye and if I am making any typing errors it's because I can hardly see. I have carpenter style jeans and I can easily slip this light into it's side pocket...I love it!!!!! I suggest you do what you can to get one and you'll love it too
smile.gif

beam_me_up

Enlightened
oh and about that switch that everyone is having soo much problems with....yes it is a little stiff but I don't have any problems turning it on and off with 1 thumb..

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zerox:
Anyone know how long these xenon bulbs last ? The LED Museam.....it appears your review on the legend lx is incomplete.... are you planning on doing anymore tests with it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh oh, you caught me.
tongue.gif

You're right, the evaluation is *still* incomplete. I've been overwhelemed with new lights over the last few months, and a lot of the older stuff just kind of got bumped to the back of the stove.

I've got spare light bulbs for that, so I should find out how long those suckers last before they pop or turn black.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zerox:
oh and about that switch that everyone is having soo much problems with....yes it is a little stiff but I don't have any problems turning it on and off with 1 thumb..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yours must have a more forgiving mechanism than mine. Try as I might, I simply cannot turn mine on with the thumb. I have to curl a forefinger up and over the switch and activate it that way, like you see on this web page.

beam_me_up

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:
Yours must have a more forgiving mechanism than mine. Try as I might, I simply cannot turn mine on with the thumb. I have to curl a forefinger up and over the switch and activate it that way, like you see on this web page.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch! It almost hurts when I try to use my forefinger to push it in...it's almost impossible for me...but I can still manage with my thumb
smile.gif
Still I think we all agree that it should not be as stiff as it is but other than that I love the light.

beam_me_up

Enlightened
I was playing around with mine last night and I unscrewed the top off that covers the bulp and turned it on....it's amazing how much 360 degree light this will put out like that....I also noticed when I only had it on for a minute it started SMOKING! Maybe someone else can verify this with me, I think it's more noticeable if you have the cover off.

Richsrs

Newly Enlightened
zerox,
You didnt touch the bulb, did you? Mine didn't smoke with the cap off, but I bet if I touch it, it will from the oils on my skin, I think that bulb gets pretty hot