• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: DonShock Blue Mag3D: Single Cree Q2 *** SOLD ***

Silversurfer

Enlightened
[FONT=&quot]I have for sale a mint DonShock Blue Mag3D - $60 shipped CONUS.

I like this light and am only selling it to quickly raise funds prior to a more substantial replenishing of my paypal account in the next 48-72 hours.

When that occurs, the light will be withdrawn. This sale is short-lived.

From the original thread:

[/FONT] Blue Mag3D:
Single Q2 Cree LED
Glow epoxy around LED
DHS heatsink (bare)
Direct drive from 3 alkaline cells (0.1 ohm resistor)
Approx 1.15 Amps to LED on fresh cells
Electrolumens IQSwitch for 3 level output.

A Flashlightlens UCL lens with Light Diffusion Filter is included - to help eliminate artifacts from the beam.

There are really four levels - high, then what I'm guessing is a 50% cut, then another 50% cut, and then a flashing mode which to my eyes looks to be at the highest output level. With the multiple output levels and the diffuser the light meets a variety of both indoor and outdoor needs.

Shipping is by US Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. Insurance extra. I am not responsible for items once they are shipped.

Cash funded PayPal only. First to respond with an unconditional "I'll take it" has priority. Please PM for PayPal address.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: DonShock Blue Mag3D: Single Cree Q2 - $60

Howdy,
I'm curious as to what kind of tint the Q2 LED has?

Silversurfer

Enlightened

To my eyes the tint is slightly creamy.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast

Okie dokie, sounds like just what I've been looking for. I'll take it. PM on the way for PayPal address. Thanks.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, so imagine my surprise when getting home from work tonight and finding a package waiting for me. Gee whiz, Joel just mailed this Wednesday (only a few hours after I bought it, thanks), and I got it on Friday, and that's from New York to CA ..... way to go USPS.

Ok, the light..... wait, first of all, superb packing job by Silversurfer, absolutely first rate... and the included 'bonus' was exactly what I've been looking for.... a really nice lanyard that I immediately clipped on my new NovaTac 120P, which had seemed a bit naked before now. Wow Joel.... it's just cool to get a little something extra with a light. I hope to make that a tradition when I sell a light from now on.... thanks for that little surprise.

Ok... now the light....... perfect condition, mint, not a mark that I could see.....and of course my favorite blue color. Popped in a new set of Duracell D sized batteries......screwed on the nicely lubed tailcap, and bingo.... a perfectly beautiful beam appears thru the slightly diffused UCL front window. Oh, I love this Electrolumens IQ switch..... man, very little travel, just a quick but solid click and it's on or off.... one click 100%, 2 clicks 50%, 3 clicks 25%, 4 clicks slow strobe (once every 3 seconds or so), 5 clicks fast strobe (2 per second or so). I read what Don had to do to install this little beauty, so it's doubly appreciated.

The beam is HUGE..... it's non focusing, so it's set... but the focus is set perfectly, with a nice tight hotspot and excellent side spill. What's cool is that the slight diffusion filter doesn't kill all the throw, just softens the whole beam a bit, so that it's pleasant to observe. I took this outside for a while and I'm just amazed with this light.... the center portion still throws very well while not being overbearing for closeup stuff..... an excellent all purpose beam suitable for walking the dog kind of duties, but also spotting distant objects that need to be seen..... and this is with the diffusion filter in place! Of course Silversurfer was nice enough to include the original Mag clear front lens, so I can try that out too. The tint of the Cree Q2 (WG) is very white, maybe a tiny, tiny bit warm, but not much.... very nice.

I was thrown a bit at first because I noticed a very slight greenish tint to the spot..... but quickly realized it was from the glow ring (which I've never had on a light), and in real world use is not noticeable at all.... and, the glow ring is quite fine.... just an added bit of coolness for an already excellent light.

So, I'm a very happy camper. I love being able to cut the power down for longer run time if I need it, and now that I have this light I can see that it will definitely be a user. Excellent mod job Don, and thanks again Joel for the quick shipping, excellent packing, thoughtful bonus, and the great light.

Oh, and glad I could help you get that nice slate McGizmo....... very nice! :)