Who received their LumaPower MRV-SE with Q5?

gunfighter

Newly Enlightened
Mine was supposedly shipped on 9/13 from the Battery Junction, but I haven't seen it yet.

Anyone get theirs? I'm in serious need of a review and some pics!

clintb

Enlightened
I received mine yesterday, along with Tenergy 2600mAh protected 18650's and an Ultrafire WF-139 charger. I have no frame of reference except for a Rexlight 2.0 on an Eneloop AA. Of course it blows that light out of the water. Also, living in the city doesn't give me much of a chance to test out the crazy capabilities, but the initial thought is "Wow!". Even my fiancee agreed it puts out some insane light and she though I was a big 'ole geek for having fun with "flashlights". Build quality is stellar.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Yes!! I got mine last night. I'm very pleased with it. It really likes the higher voltage of the RCR123s but does well with 18650s also. I took the OP reflector and put in into my other MRV. Now I've got one with great throw and another with a perfect beam.

Gunfighter, I posted a very short review in the reviews section of the forums. I should have a couple pictures of it posted tonight.

P.S. the Ultrafire RCR123s 880mah batteries are garbage. They don't even work in the MRV or any other flashlight. It looks like they're each 2mm too long and the construction looks horrible. Don't waste your time with them. Then Battery Station 900mah RCRs are leaps ahead in quality.

Last edited:

clintb

Enlightened
Sorry, I just moved from Texas to California and left my camera at a buddies house. No pic taking tools at the moment.