P1D CE w/ 3.7V protected RCR123, no low mode?

stockae92

Enlightened
i have read from the review section, so the P1D CE will work with 3.7V RCR123 (i have the protected ones), and retain the high and med mode, but no low mode

i just want to make sure that running a 3.7V [protected] RCR123 won't harm the P1D CE before i try it myself.

Bort

Newly Enlightened
From the posts that I have read regarding using the RCR123 3.7v cells, you will only be able to access the turbo, and strobe modes due to direct drive of the 3.7v cells. I use Ultralast 3.0v RCR123 cells in my P2d, and have all modes except low. I like using these cells, as I don't use the low mode for my work application. I don't think you will harm your P1D using the 3.7v cells.

Yapo

Enlightened
Low medium and High modes will all have the same brightness as high and the strobe n sos modes work as normal...i havent heard of anyones P1D dying from 3.7v rcr123s but that's the only battery i run mine on and it's still running fine.

lightknight

Newly Enlightened
I've used only 3,7V RCR 123 for almost a year now. At that voltage - as everyone knows - the light "loses!" its levels and medium (one twist on) is already "high" and even BRIGHTER than the "real high" (two twist on) with 3V lithiums.

I can fully recommend to use 3,7 V RCRs. You get a completely different flashlight with them: the P1D CE stays cool, is extremly bright, has 90 minutes+ of runtime - and is a one-step-twistie (like the P1D), always on full (really full!) power.
Try it and enjoy!

stockae92

Enlightened
i just tried my well used DX 3.7V protected RCR123 and i have all modes in my P1D CE? :confused:

probably because the li ion needs a charge soon?

i will try to charge it up and try again later

Frank

stockae92

Enlightened
update:

i tried both of my P1D CE with DX 3.7V protected RCR123 (16340)

they both only have the max mode (no med or low), both flash and SOS works as well

i didn't have a volt meter with me at that time so i can't meassure the voltage of the batteries

weird?

btw, lighthound's protected RCR123 didn't fit the P1D body, its too wide

Last edited:

Latest posts