120P Vs. SF-U2 / Is there a noticeable difference in throw?

jboydjr

Newly Enlightened
I am obsessed with getting a new torch, but every time I get ready to order, I keep thinking What is better than my U2? So, is there a visible difference in throw between the 120P's reported 120 l output and my awesome U2's 100 l output?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

oldeng95

Enlightened
I have been using both 4 about 2 months now and the throw is about the same, but think, the 120p is soooo damm small, and only one cr123, plus on high it never gets as hot as my u2
Paul

jboydjr

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Paul. I really appreciate the information!! I'm just going to have to order one now. I think it comes with a lanyard, which is the way I would carry it, so I could wear it at night. I am disabled, and need a torch with me constantly, so I need something I can wear around my neck. Hope that wasn't "TMI' (That's a little joke from the TV series "The Office," meaning "Too Much Information").

Flyhigh

Newly Enlightened
My U2 is noticeable brighter and has a much whiter tint. To my eyes the 120P has the same brightness as the U2 on its second highest level. It also throws better.

The greenish tint is my only real complaint about my Novatac 120 P. Perhaps I'm just unlucky; others don't seem to have the same problem with their 120 P: s.:(

That said, I'm very happy with both lights and highly recommend them both.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire U2 is a tough act to follow. It has user-friendly features and really great output. I've gone through many other LED lights, and none have stacked up. (They get close though, for a lot less money.)

shawn a.

Newly Enlightened
The U-2 and nova are both quite nice,but beware of the nova's "ungracefull" power reduction and eventual shut-off when there seems to be a fair amount of juice left in the battery. I'd go with an HDS U60XRGT if you can find one (and if you can find one tell me where, I want one too!